Paxil-CR User Reviews

Paxil-CR - User Reviews

Paxil-CR User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Paxil-CR sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: June 27

Paxil works well for panic attacks and anxiety. The problem is after 10 years, I can't seem to get off of this med. I have been 'bridged' with Wellbutrin but feeling 'vague' and 'bitchy'. Not sure what to do now? go back to paxil???

Related Reading: Wellbutrin

Comment from: Female Published: January 01

I would only get panic attacks when I went far from home or my comfort zone. And I mean far. Vacations were horrible as the panic attacks would set in and I never thought I would get back home. Paxil has taken this nonsence away and now I can enjoy long journeys and vacations.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 24

After having panic attacks as early as 8 years old, I was prescribed Paxil at the age of 14 by my physician. I then started therapy when I was 19. I am almost 25, and I am starting to be weaned off of it. I am surprised at how little side effects I am experiencing. I know many people who have taken this drug and it has NOT worked for them, or they tell me they feel like they are drunk. However, this drug changed my life. I never thought I would ever be able to leave my house or get a driver's license or go to college or live life as a normal kid. My panic attacks terrified me to the point that I never left my mother's side and my family had a tough time dealing with the problems that came with the panic disorder. My life is normal because of therapy and Paxil. It has worked for me for a little over ten years. I am very pleased with how Paxil has helped me.

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: October 27

Been on Paxil for six years for severe anxiety and Panic attacks. This medication is a life saver and when I went off one year, no zapping whats so ever. Anxiety and Insomnia returned and I went back on 20mg a day. Back to normal in two days. My Doc said he will never take me off again. I agree.

Related Reading: Insomnia

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 11

I am a 24 year old young woman weening myself off of Paxil CR 25 mg. I have no other choice but to stop taking my Paxil because the state of Florida will not help me get any type of health insurance, (I am also an insulin dependent type I diabetic...anyway...I am experiencing horrofic side effects including: "electric shocks: through my brain, panic attacks, extreme nausea, diareah(sp?), lonliness, and sudden outbursts of anger or uncontrollable crying. This drup is extremely dangerous. It works well while you take it, but should you ever choose to go off it...hold on to your ass. Look up "Paxil Withdrawal Symptoms" on Google.com...you will be shocked. Take care of yourselves, and PLEASE stay away from Paxil, find an alternative with your doctor, PLEASE! God Bless.

Comment from: Jodee, 35-44 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: December 06

I am now 41 years old. I've been on Paxil for about 15yrs. It worked wonders for me as long as I didn't run out or skip doses. I did actually get off for about 2 yrs. I didn't mean to, I just would forget to take them, then cut back on my doses due to cost and then finally just quit. I didn't have any side affects at that time. Very Strange. I got back on due to some increased anxiety with a bad situation. If I skip one night's dose, I feel great the next day. (Probably too great) But, if I skip 2 doses, It's the beginning of horrible. Skip 3 doses, you can experience "Brain Shivers" or a wavy feeling in your head. Electrical shock feelings going through your head, arms and even hands. Severe anger that consumes you. Crying, Paranoia, etc etc. Don't skip doses!! If you decide to try getting off. Wean yourself very very slowly. Even over months. Slowly decreasing your dose. Of course with the help of your doctor. However, they seem to want to go too fast. I didn't gain weight. Of course I'm one who can go up and down 5 to 10 lbs. easily. It's easier for me to take my pill at night before bed (around the same time) so I'm not tired during the day. the increased happiness or quality of life can give you the energy to exercise more often if needed. Paxil takes 2 to 3 weeks for it to get into your system before you know if will work for you. Sleepiness will usually go away. I felt a relief within the first day of taking it. Not for everybody I'm sure but it put me back on track. Good luck to everyone dealing with depression and anxiety.

Comment from: Sue, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: March 17

I started with paxil over tweleve years ago to stop my panic attacks. It did it's job well, but as with most drugs it has its side effects. One is gaining weight and the loss of sex drive. It also is hard to get off of. I am at the point now where I would like to be off of it but like many others have found it is not an easy drug to withdraw from. I get the jolts, bad muscle & joint aches, plus become very irritable whenever I stop taking it for a few days. It was interesting to me to read some of these same symptoms experienced by many on this website. I could never quite put a name to what many call the 'jolts' but I know just what you are talking about. All the same everyone is different and we react differently to drugs. I am very thankful for how paxil helped me be free of my panic attacks. I don't want to have to take it for life but living isn't very good if you are struggling with severe anxiety or depression. Sometimes we have to pick the lesser of two evils.