Paxil-CR User Reviews

Paxil-CR - User Reviews

Paxil-CR User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Paxil-CR sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Homer, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: December 20

Over a time of a few years I became very aggressive, no matter what it was someone else who was wrong. My wife was going to divorce me because of my behavior. It wasn't till she found a web site with other people having the same problem that I believed her. Since I've gone off the drug I am back to my happy go lucky self and we never fight. Be careful you don't know this is happening to you. You believe your right no matter what. This is a side effect that they really don't talk about.

Comment from: LMG, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 06

I thought I was having a heart attack one day, but when I got to the hospital after being there over night they said it was a withdrawal symptom from paxil. You have to ease yourself off of it. I got numbness in my jaw, my one arm, and getting dizzy and my chest hurt. I also clenched my teeth alot when I first started taking it. Not to sure about this pill.

Related Reading: heart attack

Comment from: calligrl28, 19-24 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 24

been on it for 10 years! cant get off it! my body is addicted and i get a case of the "zaps". u know wat i mean if uve taken this drug.. it used to work but i wake up SWEATING! my entire bed is soaked. weird dreams and occaisional panic attacks. i strongly dont not reccomend. use something else

Comment from: Laura, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: May 29

I have taken 40mg of Paxil for 9 years. My biggest side effect was Dry mouth, which in turn led to gumline cavities and a lot of dental work. Biotene products help this. Paxil was a life changing drug for me.

Related Reading: Dry mouth | cavities

Comment from: bturner, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 07

It stopped the panic attacks and I was able to feel like myself again

Comment from: Donna, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: April 27

I have used Paxil for many years, I have panic disorder. I decided to Quit this med, and to my astonishment, I did not do well at all. I did not realize just how much this med was helping me, until then. For some it may not work, but for the ones it does,it is a great med for my disorder. I in my own opinion, if your doctor suggests you try, please give it a chance....I sincerely hope you have the results that i did Donna somerset,kentucky

Comment from: shirlgirl1963, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 16

I have been taking paxil cr for the past 3 years due to the death of both parents. It had helped me get through the depression I had been feeling. Going off it is a different story though. You feel like your head is exploding with electric shocks and dizziness. I even slowly decreased the dosage over a period of 2 weeks, which I think wasn't long enough. Please talk to your doctor if you are thinking of going off this drug. The effects from going off it so soon like I did are very scary, you feel as if you have no control over your balance or feeling like powerful electrical jolts run through your head every time I turn my head to look at something. But like I said, it did work for me during the time I needed it.

Related Reading: dizziness