Pegasys User Reviews

Pegasys - User Reviews

Pegasys User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Pegasys sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Hohnerman, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 03

I underwent treatment with pegasys for 48 weeks. my viral genotype was type 2. after 6 years, I still have no evidence of the virus. I am considered cured.

Related Reading: pegasys

Comment from: GeoffSkateman, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 22

I started Pegasys and Copegus on July 31, 2009. My Viral load was 760,000 and Genome 1. By September 23, 2009 my liver enzymes were back to normal and when we repeated the viral load test on October 23, 2009, the results were negative, the virus is undetectable. Although the drug treatment was like chemo, it was well worth it. The side affects have been miserable at times, but I figured out that if you did not lay around and feel terrible and you moved around and did things to keep you busy, the side affects were not as bad. I will say this, the cycle of side affects varied and changed from week to week. I guess it affects everyone differently. My first 2 months were the worse. We have kept a close eye on my blood labs and so far I have fared very well. I do not wish this treatment on anyone, but I will say this, if you keep a strong will that you are going to beat this, you will. I also must say THANK YOU to Roche, they provided me under their patience assistance program the treatment free of charge. Roche has saved my life and I am forever grateful. Good luck to anyone who gets this virus. It can be beaten.....

Related Reading: Copegus | liver

Comment from: jdcortez, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: August 27

My husband was afraid to start the treatment. But after 1 year of treatment the virus was at undetectable levels. It has now been 4 years. We are very happy but still keep up with the vitamin regimin daily.

Comment from: fewrkr, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 02

I have genome type 2 so Im just starting my 3rd month of treatment. So far its been an adventure. I inject on fri. nite. Saturday and sunday are tough w/ aches and gen. fatigue. Dry mouth no appetite for the most part. Ive got 3 friends that have completed the treatment and they all had the same results the virus virtually gone. Im hoping for the same.

Related Reading: fatigue | Dry mouth

Comment from: linbq, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 21

My husband has engaged in aggressive acts toward me at night. He has punched my face (after minor face surgery); squeezed my left nipple & breast (after I underwent a breast biopsy); stood over me & poked my arm; & last night he awoke me, slurring his words & demanding that I give him a knife. I gently slapped his face, & realized that he was unconscious. I am afraid of him & afraid to tell him that I will sleep in another room--there is no lock on the door, however. These symptoms began with the Pegasys treatment. Is that a coincidence? Am I in danger? He has always been a kind & gentle man. If I call 911 it would ruin his career. I am beside myself with worry. To conclude, my question is this: is this a side effect of Pegassis? I would appreciate your feedback on this unsettling matter. Sincerely, Linda Busque

Related Reading: breast | sleep

Published: March 15

my mom took this medication it made her very ill. and her viral load started in the millions went to undected during treatment. now it is back in the millions. the side effects are horrible and do not go away for a long time after stoping the treament

Comment from: Feelin okay, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 15

I have genotype 1 viral load now at zero has been since 3rd month of treatment. I will be finishing treatment in 3 weeks hope it stays gone.

Comment from: nursemom2, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 22

my hepatis c was non detectable after the first 3 months using peg inferon and riboviran; however I am still having memory problems, now losing whole days that I do not know untl after the fact ususally tiggered by conversation with someone else w identifies dte for another reason. I live alone and unable to work due to these probems.

Living Better

Find the secrets to longer life.