PENNSAID User Reviews

PENNSAID - User Reviews

PENNSAID User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication PENNSAID sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: jfriz, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 12

Started using Voltaren Gel 1% but did not work well. Dr. suggested new drug called Pennsaid, Works great on my hip and back..says it works on knees but try it on any joint!!

Related Reading: Voltaren Gel

Comment from: mongoose, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 18

Chronic back pain full of inflamation 21Years put in spray bottle spay once when pain is present has stopped inflamation and pain.No more taking narcotics for pain

Comment from: chickadeeME, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 28

My Doctor gave me a sample of this to try for fibromyalgia pain in my shoulders.It is a little messy to apply,but so far has been working well for the pain.I do not use it daily-only occasionally at night when the pain keeps me from getting comfortable enough to sleep.

Related Reading: fibromyalgia | sleep

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 02

Three drops and that is the first time that my ankle hasn't hurt since I broke it in 1991.

Comment from: nelson7624, 75 or over on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 28

I know this is for knees, but my dr. gave it to me to soothe pain in my toes. So far so good, 2 drops at a time once a day seems to work.

Comment from: tmalett, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 26

doctor said try on back pain seems to help

Comment from: crockerpa, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 27

MY DOCTOR GAVE ME A SAMPLE OF PENNSAID TO TRY BEFORE I HAD THE PERSCRIPTION FILLED TO SEE IF IT HELPED MY PROBLEM. I USED A FEW DROPS ON BACK OF MY NECK, SHOULDERS AND MY HANDS FOR OSTEOARTHRITIS. I USE IT ONCE A DAY JUST BEFORE I GO TO WORK AND IT STOPS THE PAIN COMPLETELY. SO FAR I HAVE NOT HAD ANY SIDE EFFECTS FROM IT. BEFORE I WAS TAKING MOLTRIN BY THE HANDFULS AND STILL HURTING AFTER A COUPLE OF HOURS. MY STOMACH WAS GIVING ME PROBLEMS FROM TAKING SO MUCH MEDICATION BY MOUTH, AND NOW IT DOESN'T BOTHER ME ANYMORE SINCE I STARTED USING PENNSAID.I AM SO GLAD I HAVE THIS MEDICATION TO USE AND IT WORKS 100%

Related Reading: PENNSAID | OSTEOARTHRITIS

Comment from: ted unlis, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 22

excellent. virtually immediate relief 20 seconds.

Comment from: bvrlc8@aol.com, 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 19

using for ankle joint pin and thumb joint pain due to osteoarthritis...gave me 99.9% relief. I use only 4 drops once a day before bedtime! I have 4 heart stents..

Comment from: on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 03

I was surprised that Pennsaid Top worked so well for me.

Comment from: brigitte, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 20

i had kneereplacement in 2009 and after about one year doing well, i started having severe pain. my dr. gave me a sample of pennsaid, it seems to work a little bit, but i am afraid of the sideeffects and will probably not use it anymore.

Comment from: PATTI, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 29

I have a lot of arthritic/joint pain problems. I have tried everything,including Celebrex but i stopped as i am on heart meds (blood thinnner and a diuretic). I have tried lots of topicals. all including Voltaren and Counterpain provided v. little relief, useless.I get Pennsaid from a Canadian friend. This is giving me the best relief from pain. It is recommended for knee pain but I use it on knees, knuckles/fingers and ankles as well. Works on all.

Related Reading: Celebrex | Voltaren | knee pain

Arthritis

Get the latest treatment options