PENNSAID User Reviews

PENNSAID - User Reviews

PENNSAID User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication PENNSAID sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 20

a little hard to put on but well worth the trouble.

Comment from: ww, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 18

I was given this drug for plantar fascitis, but the skin in the area around my heal and behind my ankle does not allow Pennsaid to penetrate the skin and was not effective. Even after rubbing for several minutes it continues to stay liquid on top of the skin and doesn't penetrate. My doctor gave me another drug that was in gel form and it seems to work better than Pennsaid because it pennetrates the skin better. Maybe it works better on skin in other areas of the body, I don't know.

Comment from: Robinann, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 07

I was prescribed this because I cannot take Ibuprofen. The Ibuprofen caused a bleeding ulcer. My doctor said I should have no problems with this topical application. I have osteoarthritis in my left knee and am scheduled for knee replacement in the summer. This drug works surprisingly fast; it seems within 10 minutes of applying it, the pain has subsided. I use (3) 10 drop applications and rub in on the affected area of my knee and round the knee area. It is a bit messy and you do have to wait for the application to dry before you put any clothes over the area. I find the relief lasts 3-5 hours depending on how active I am.

Related Reading: Ibuprofen

Comment from: happy walker, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 26

I had a partial knee replacement about 25 years ago due to a horseback riding accident. My knee has bothered me off and on since then. Now I am very overweight and started an exercise plan, I was in constant, terrible pain. I had to mentally steel myself to the pain before I got up from a chair! I went to see a pain management doctor, who gave me pennsaid to try. First application reduced pain. Next day I got out of bed and didn't realize I didn't have pain!! It's been a week now and I have NO PAIN in my knee for the first time in YEARS (except for times when I had steroid injections in the knee). This stuff is miraculous!!!

Related Reading: pain management

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 04

shoulder & neck pain.

Related Reading: neck pain

Comment from: foosa, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 25

Relieves constant knee pain due to numerous surgeries prior to a total knee replacement. This topical drug seems to stop the pain that oral meds can't seem to touch. Not covered by AARP; terribly expensive.

Comment from: rlynne316, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 17

Pain is still prevelent. Nothing is working.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 22

I've had RA since I was 5. I've had 8 knee surgery's and both shoulders reconstructed from RA. My doctor started me on Pennsaid and it works but only for a short while. I just had knee surgery in Feb. and it's already swollen again from RA. I can't seem to find relief anywhere! :(

Comment from: Donaldeb65000, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 05

Pennsaid was proscribed to me for Tendonidis inflamation due to bone spur and decompression surgery. It did nothing for my after a week and a half of use, but the side affects where loud and proud. Sick to belly all the time, always sleepy, loss of appitite, and belly pain. I hope that it works for everyone else because it didn't work for me.

Comment from: Robinann, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 27

After getting an ulcer, I had to stop taking Ibuprofen. My doctor recommended Pennsaid because of osteoarthritis. This product works well. It is a bit messy but I'll take messy over pain. I had right knee replacement in 2009 and recently developed tendonitis in the area right above the knee. My orthopedic surgeon also recommended Pennsaid for this problem and it seems to help. In a couple of months I am having knee replacement in the left knee.

Arthritis

Get the latest treatment options