Pentasa User Reviews

Pentasa - User Reviews

Pentasa User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Pentasa sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: littlebit, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 21

Sometimes too much to take, 2caps 4x a day. Lately I have been very depressed, no appitite and feeling very low with no energy. I get angry easily and cannot get over it.

Comment from: BLJEEPER, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 06

THIS MEDACATION REALLY WORKED FOR ME I TOOK IT FOR ABOUT A MONTH STARTED FEELING BETTER AND STOPED TAKING IT AND MY CONDITION CAME BACK SO IF YOUR TAKING IT AND BEGAIN TO FEEL BETTER DON'T STOP I WAS WARNED BY MY DR. NOT TO STOP WHEN I FEEL BETTER BUT I DIDN'T LISTEN NOW I'M BACK ON IT AGAIN AND FEEL MUCH BETTER

Comment from: scott, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 18

i was diagnosed in 1990, have had several resections and tried many drugs. currently for the last ten years i have taken pentasa. 3000 mg/daily. i take 1500 mg in am and 1500 in pm. also take 6MP (mercapurine) 50 mg daily. i have been symptom free and bowel movements have dropped to 1-2 times a day from 6 to 10, mainly depends on what i eat.

Related Reading: pentasa

Comment from: shawnecarter, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 29

Diagnosed w/ ulcertive colitis in '84, woohoo!! upgraded to crohn's in 2000. Long story . . . 4 tabs;4x each day, plus 2 purinethal, lab tests each month to see if I was destroying my liver. Quit taking meds altogether. Extremely bad news. Tried something new. Garden of life primal defense, works unbelievably well. Started eating 5 - 8 times a day smaller portions, cleaner foods, following a low impact carb style diet, working out more. Now, no more purinethal, 1x1 pentasa each day, 1 "dirt pill" each day. have the symptoms so well under control I was able to go to Iraq for a year and use my professional knowledge to support coalition forces.

Related Reading: colitis | liver

Comment from: shiloh, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 19

I started taking Pentasa for Crohn's and I started to feel better in about 2 weeks, then on the 3rd week I started having heart palpataions and racing. I could barely breath when walking. No one could figure out what was wrong with me and I felt like I was having a heart attack all day. I finally stopped taking it and within 3 days the heart symptoms stopped. Just beware because my gastroenterologist didn't want me stopping the meds and if I hadn't I think I could have done some perminent damage.

Related Reading: heart attack

Comment from: Angi, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 03

I have been taking pentasa since June 2007, when I was diagnosed. I have a hard time taking it twice a day 4,000mg. a day, went down to 2,000mg, doing fine. This is an important medicine.

Comment from: gerri125, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 17

Had colonscopy in 2005, Microscope led to diagnosis of Ulcerative Colitis. Went on Pentasa for 6mon. Repeat Colonoscopy in 2007 no s/s of disease. Flare up in Sept.07 led to lab work specific for Crohn's disease non on pentasa for control. Effective so far.

Comment from: ashleens2284, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 16

I just started taking this medication and I have luckily have not had any reactions to this medicine. Becides having to take 2 pills 4 times a day it has been working great!!!

Comment from: Diane, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 22

I had to go on this medication slowly as it increased my symptoms with the full dose. It takes at least a mo. to work and you can open capsules as my doctor recommended due to the fact that I do not take pills. The medicine is coated in side and is also time released.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 31

Diagnosed Crohn's 04/20/09.It seems starting Pentasa can be hard. Feeling lite headed at times. After five months of use, had chest pain and went to ER. Follow up with Cardiac DR, now on heart medicine for one year. Was told I had an irregular heart beat. Any correlation with drug? Personally, I don't know. Cardiac DR said NO. Back at two months of use, I took myself off of Pentasa for one month, (I was in denial of having Crohn's), I went back to having diarhea and abdominal pain. Got myself back on Pentasa. Ninety percent pain free. Bowl movements are solid and easy to have as long as you drink plenty of water. I take two capsules, 500 mg each, for times daily. I work Grave yard and want to sleep. It's hard to wake up to take the medication and then wake up later AGAIN to go use restroom due to full bladder. Botom line, as one person said it, the inconvience of taking the medicine is nothing as compared to the extreme pain if you don't take it.

Related Reading: chest pain | abdominal pain | sleep