Pentasa User Reviews

Pentasa - User Reviews

Pentasa User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Pentasa sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Betty, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 19

I have had Crohn's for 10 years. Started Pentasa, one week later I was in the ER with chest pain. On exam of my heart I had a stroke from a blood clot. Stopped the Pentasa, no chest pain, started back on the Pentasa and chestpain came back. Bad News!

Related Reading: stroke

Comment from: MIMI, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: March 17

I have used it over twenty years, 12 tablets down to 5 tablets. No pain,retired no stress, normal bowels. Medication very expensive, needs to be more affordable.

Related Reading: stress

Comment from: JJ, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 05

I have been taking for almost 3 years with no flare ups. Works great but is very expensive to use 240 pills a month.

Comment from: Lynn610, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 09

Very expensive mediciation, it does work well, its just so many pills a day and it will be along road to recovery.

Comment from: mv, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 17

Been on this medication for one month with entocort EC. My condition has gotten 90% better.

Related Reading: entocort

Comment from: mac, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 06

4 weeks symptom free is a good thing!

Comment from: Sally, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 12

Have been taking 750 mg three times a day for the last 8 years. Works quite well. There have been a few times I have had to supplement with Entocort (corticosteroid, very good quality!) if I flare up. Always the flare-ups have happened because of poor food choice. As the years go by, there are fewer flare-ups due to the learning curve! The only difficulty I have had with Pentasa is remembering to take it after lunch at work.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 21

Started taking Pentasa times aday about 7 months ago..had a horrible headache for the first few days, but that was the only side effect I had. After about a month I started to notice a difference. I am not completely symptom free, but it definately helps! I would take it 8 times a day if I had to. After almost ten years of being told I had IBS or nothing at all I finally found a doctor that I love...the right doctor means everything to someone with Crohns. Good luck to you all.

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 17

Was diagnosed with Crohn's in March '08 and immediately started on Pentasa. This drug did nothing to help and at times I think it made things worse. It was also almost impossible to choke down 8 pills a day and many times they would come back up. It was pretty much just flushing money down the drain.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 10

I was diagnosed with Crohns about 4 months ago and I was taking Pentasa 4 times a day for about 2 months. Then after the 2 months I am now able to reduce my dosage to only 3 times a day. Then at the end of this month my doctor says I may be able to move down to 2. It worked very well for me.

Comment from: Marty, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 26

Vertually no worries about overdose, been on it approx. 12 yrs.

Comment from: KSue, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 11

This medication is difficult to use because of the amounts and times to use "with meals" I don't eat enough to remember to take the medication.