Pepcid User Reviews

Pepcid - User Reviews

Pepcid User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Pepcid sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: lee, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 27

I was diagnoses with an hiatal hernia which causes occasional heartburn especially lying down. I did not want to continue on the various 24hr acid reducer perscriptions because of side effects etc. I felt that I just needed to protect my esophagus from acid damage at night. I am happy to say that after 10 years of nightly use and a follow up endoscopy, my esophagus is VERY healthy!

Related Reading: hiatal hernia | heartburn

Comment from: sunshine, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 27

Tried Prilosec first however it gave me terrible headaches. Went to generic Pepcid and after about 2 or 3 weeks noticed significant improvement. Now I take it to keep the symptoms at bay. I take 10MG two times a day.

Related Reading: Prilosec | Pepcid

Comment from: netty, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 16

it has not work for me It gave me heart palpatitions

Comment from: Aletheia, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 29

I ended up taking this drug the last month of pregnancy because my heartburn was so bad I could not sleep. It worked. however after having my baby (this is my 4th) my heartburn usually goes away. I stopped taking the medicine but the heartburn gradually increased I think it lowered the acid in my stomach and made things worse I looked and looked for alternatives after reading the side effects of the medicine and found a cancer blog all of them were talking about how the chemotherapy gave them terrible heartburn and the medicines side effects. They said to try Apple cider vinegar organic and raw I tried it (3 teaspoons in water and honey 3 times a day) and it worked no joke it was amazing this is the first time I can say that a homeopathic medicine worked It has made me feel great. I hate hate hate heartburn.

Related Reading: pregnancy | sleep | heartburn

Comment from: anne, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 18

Seems to work, but after 60 days I really am noticing a terrible smell to my urine and now my breath! Do not know if that's normal or not. Otherwise, feeling better, no gastric spasms since two weeks into therapy.

Comment from: Bob, 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 20

Eliminated symptoms and allowed me to sleep. One tablet in the morning and one at night. don't forget to drink a full glass of water after swallowing chewable tablet. May need additional tablet at bedtime if acid reflux or indigestion is active. No negative reactions. No bad side effects. Great product for me.

Related Reading: indigestion

Comment from: lugstad, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: December 06

Helps to take in AM or at bedtime.

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 30

This medication worked, but the skin problems developed were horrible. A rash on the thighs, back and chest and leg swelling twice the normal size. The skin is black and pebbly, and I had to be put on antibiotics to get rid of the secondary infection. Not a safe product as far as I am concerned.

Related Reading: rash

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 27

Have been taking famotidine 40mg for several months, usually 1 tab in the morning, sometimes take another tab before bedtime depending on what I had for dinner

Comment from: Rosie, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 04

While I still experience some GERD, it is not as severe.

GI Disorders