Pepcid User Reviews

Pepcid - User Reviews

Pepcid User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Pepcid sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: toner man, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 10

i hav been dealimg with gerd for years and it seemed that all the medications i would try it gave me a alergic reaction but this product finally worked thank you pepcid

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 26

presure in the epigastric region it is,this leads to elevation of the diaphragm, and secondary displacement of the heart causing stimulation of the vagus nerve and a variety of cardiac symptoms, e.g. arrhythmia, sinus bradycardia, Causes my heart to race very fast. As long as I take atleast one or two pepcid's a day, I don't have this problem. I did have a cardiac ablation to stop the heart beats from going over 200 bpms, but I still have the bumping up of the gas that bumpts up my heart beat, I can feel it when it does it and I take a pepcid when it starts. They had given it to me in IV at the emergency room one time to stop the problem. I do not take more that 10mg at a time though.

Related Reading: arrhythmia

Comment from: Flo, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 03

This med is great to take at nite for heartburn ( I have a 40 mg perscription - generic ) . But I can't take for daytime - it makes me too dizzy and headache thru-out the day.

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: Granny, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 11

First off my granddaughter was told by her kidney doctor to take Pepcid.It worked for her so I was using Rolida"s and still having trouble.Started using Pepcid and it works right off.

Comment from: vineseeker, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 12

Have been dealing with acid reflux for over a year, longer but not consistent like now. Tried Prilosec, Nexium, Zantac, digestive enzymes, alkaline diet, alkaline water, Aciphex, Tums, etc. What I did not like about Pepcid was that after a couple of months I developed breathing problems and heart palpitations. These symptoms required that I sleep sitting up along with the return of acid reflux. I refused to increase the dosage from 10 mg to 20 mg. As I would be dozing off each evening I would suddenly awaken by what felt like I stopped breathing and my heart stopped beating. It became very scary. Two days ago I decided to stop the Pepcid altogether and the breathing has become less laborious. Last night I only awoke to one episode of sudden (seemingly) heart failure. However, I do experience the acidic stomach and will try Prevacid next. Some of the reviews on it are somewhat promising. The Prilosec made me jittery and dizzy. As did most of the PPI's. Here's hoping the Prevacid, although a PPI, will be different.

Related Reading: Nexium | Zantac | Aciphex