Percocet User Reviews

Percocet - User Reviews

Percocet User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Percocet sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Ann, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 21

Percocet goes straight to my pain and I have sever chronic pain! It does not make me dizzy or nauseated. I HAVE NO side effects and do not feel I need to take more than needed. One would know if you take too much because you would get dizzy or euphoric. Any pain medication that you feel any euphoria, in my opinion, has addictive properties. When Percocet 5/325 or a 10/325 cut in half, relieves my pain, I am not dizzy OR SLEEPY and can drive the car and do any activity. I am not tired like some medications make you. I am not depressed like some other meds make you. I do not know what I would do without this medication because I have a high sensitivity to most medications of any kind, especially NSAIDS and anti-depressants, which doctors sometimes use for pain. It is ashame that Percocet has been abused by many, therefore making it a SCHEDULE II drug. Doctors seem to have a fear of prescribing it and this is a drug which works for me. Doctors should not be afraid to prescribe this medication, especially to an older person and the doctor knows they are in pain. There has to be TRUST going in all directions. Patients need to stop being law suit happy and realize that doctors would help more if their hands were not tied because of the fear of being sued by prescribing SCHEDULE II drugs. EVERYTHING can be potentially addictive! I cannot take AMBIEN that is a schedule V, nor ROZAREM (compare to melatonin in the body). Talk about being addictive and take AMBIEN! I also had chest pains and other side effects from it. Stay away from AMBIEN; you can't get off of it! Alcohol is addicting, chocolate is addicting, too much eating is addicting, soda is addicting. We need to write the Department of Justice under DEA and have Percocet lowered to a Schedule III drug, such as Vicodin, Lortab and Lorcet. I cannot take those meds! I have many side effects from them, but not one from Percocet. Percocet is a good med and should not be kept from those of us who need it to live!

Related Reading: Percocet | chronic pain | NSAIDS

Comment from: Speakuppeople, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 03

PERCOCET has been given a bad "rap" because of people abusing drugs. People can abuse anything. This is the ONE MEDICATION that works for my pain and with NO SIDE EFFECTS! ARE YOU LISTENING, DOCTORS/Prescribers? The Department if Justice regulates Percocet, Vicodin, Lorecet and all the other narcotics and scheduling. PEOPLE, we need to write them! Doctors are afraid to prescribe the medications that work fear of law suits, so they are all trying to prescribe the latest antidepressants out there, like CYBALTA, EFFEXOR, LRICA, etc. I am sure that these may work for some and great for depression and in some cases pain, BUT THEY CAN ALSO BE ADDICTING! I am happy for those of you who can take them. I cannot. I have a friend who cannot get off of PAXIL! We have to speak, people and watch out for ourselves. The FDA has not done too well lately,and we have to watch out for ourselves and communicate with our doctors. There are laws for us, also and if we have a disease and are in pain, we have to be taken care of and not allowed to suffer as human beings. So many of the antidepressants, not only have severe side effects (like nausea, dizzyness, headache, chest pains)etc., but damage to the liver and kidneys. Percocet does have acetaminopen in it, but if you do not take over 4,000 mg a day, then you should be okay. The stigma placed on narcotics should not be there, especially when a physician prescibes this for their patient who is in PAIN! I would not be able to WALK or function without Percocet. I am not addicted, but IF I ever was addicted to anything, I would rather it be to this and able to lead a normal life, than an antidepressant or something else extremely detrimental to the essential organs in my body and may not live as long. Most of the medications just cover up the symptoms anyway unless it is an anti-iflammatory; those you have to be careful with, also. Good luck to us all in this horrible realm of pain. God Bless. Try and have a positive attitude!

Related Reading: Vicodin | antidepressants | EFFEXOR

Comment from: elaine, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 25

I have been suffering from headaches that are a combination of a tension headache, a migraine and a sinus headache - all at the same time. Percoset is the only drug that has given me relief. I do worry about becoming dependent and I don't like the negative connations that come with taking it. Recently a doctor refused treating me for taking Percoset regularly. I felt that was unfair as it truly is a great pain reliever. Perhaps she was someone that doesn't experience pain - but it was bothersome to hear that.

Comment from: MARY, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 21

I HAVE SEVERE CHRONIC PAIN AND COULD NOT FUNCTION WITHOUT PERCOCET. I WOULD ONLY BE SURVIVING AND NOT ACTUALLY HAVE A LIFE. THANK YOU, PERCOCET. I HAVE "FIBROMYALGIA," A STRANGE SYNDROME; BUT THE EXTREME ALL OVER BODY PAIN IS HARD TO DESCRIBE. YOUR MUSCLES, TENDONS, NERVES, BONES AND YOUR ENTIRE BODY DOES NOT FUNCTION AND SOME DAYS YOU CANNOT GET OUT OF BED. FIBROMYALGIA IS DIFFICULT TO DIAGNOSE AND THERE IS A LOT OF ANXIETY THAT COMES ALONG WITH THAT. ONCE IT IS DIAGNOSED, DOCTORS SEEM TO WANT TO USE YOU AS A GUINEA PIG AND TRY ALL THE NEW DRUGS, EVEN THOUGH WITH FIBROMYALGIA, COMES A HIGH SENSITIVITY TO MOST MEDICATIONS! ALSO, WITH FIBROMYALGIA, PATIENTS HAVE A LOWER TOLERANCE FOR PAIN. NOTHING MUCH HELPS. THE ONLY THING THAT HAS HELPED ME WITHOUT ANY SIDE EFFECTS IS PERCOCET. I DO NOT FIND IT ANYMORE "ADDICTING" THAN ANY OF THE OTHER MEDICATIONS. IF YOU HAVE PAIN, YOU ARE GOING TO TAKE SOMETHING. EVEN NSAIDS ARE ADDICTING IF YOU TAKE THEM EVERY DAY FOR PAIN AND SO IS ALCOHOL IF YOU DRINK IT DAILY TO CALM YOURSELF OR WHATEVER. HOW MANY DOCTORS DRINK ALCOHOL? HOW MANY DOCTORS HAVE REALLY EXPERIENCED SEVERE CHRONIC PAIN? I BET YOU THAT THEY WOULD TAKE THE PERCOCET! I DO NOT SPEAK FOR ALL DOCTORS AND DO UNDERSTAND THAT THEY ARE SCARED TO PRESCRIBE PERCOCET BECAUSE OF THE SCRUTINY PLACED ON THEM, BUT LEGITIMATE PATIENTS IN PAIN AND IN ORDER TO LEAD A SOMEWHAT NORMAL LIFE, NEED THIS DRUG.IT MAY NOT HELP SOME PEOPLE BUT IT HAS HELPED ME FOR THREE YEARS. I WOULD BE IN A WHEEL CHAIR WITHOUT IT. I AM DISABLED WITHOUT IT AND THE PAIN IS SO EXCRUCIATING, THAT IF IT WAS TAKEN AWAY, I DO NOT THINK I COULD LIVE. MORE PEOPLE NEED TO WRITE TO THE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE TO HAVE PERCOCET AS A SCHEDULE III DRUG SO DOCTORS ARE NOT AFRAID TO PRESCRIBE IT. IT IS NOW LISTED ON THE WEB SITE AS SCHEDULE II AND I DISAGREE WITH IT. ALSO, IT IS SO HUMILIATING IF SOMEONE KNOWS YOU ARE ON PERCOCET BECAUSE OF THE BOGUS STIGMA PLACED ON IT. THIS NEEDS TO GO AWAY. WE ARE NOT DRUGGIES!

Related Reading: FIBROMYALGIA | ANXIETY