Percocet User Reviews

Percocet - User Reviews

Percocet User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Percocet sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: susies1place, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 18

I have fibromyalgia,anxiety and depression along with neuropathy in my neck area and lower back. I feel the combination of percocet ,zoloft and xanax really helps my pain and to be comfortable.There nare days where nothing helps and I just stay in bed.

Related Reading: depression | zoloft | xanax

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 21

After having major hand and wrist surgery, I found that getting ANY narcotic pain medication was nearly impossible,but my MD warned me of all the dangers and allowed me to make an adult decision regarding me pain management. I consider myself lucky that not all MD's are so afraid to even discuss moderate pain relief with their post op patients....and that is why I make a 75 mile trip to see this Dr. I trust his judgement and I know he wouldn't steer me wrong.

Related Reading: pain management

Comment from: Kay78, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 13

This is to respond to aries555. I have been on this med for 3yrs for back surgery that resulted in me living with chronic pain for the rest of my life. Yes, this med will give you pain all over when you stop it after being on it for such a long time. It can cause you to have severe stomach cramps, diarrhea, sweats, and make your pain that you are being treated for even worse if the medication is suddenly stopped. This does not mean that you were addicted, it simply means that you were depended on the drug to relieve your pain. It's either take the medication or suffer. I'm taking the meds. Most people don't like being depended on the med, but it's better than being miserable and bed ridden. One important thing to remember is to never allow yourself to run out of the medicine. It's when you run out, that you have these awful withdrawal effects. Also, if you plan on stopping this med, make sure you tell your Doctor so they can give you something to curb these withdrawal effects, or you can simply taper down on your own. By that I mean, instead of taking 5 a day, go to 4, then the next week try 3, then try breaking them in half until your body is comfortable enough without the medication. I hope this helps.

Related Reading: diarrhea

Comment from: painpro, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 07

im a 26 yr old male with spondylolisthesis, lumbar disc bulging at 2 levels and arthritic formation at 2 levels and im rapidly declining. ive been on vicodin, ultram, robaxin, skelaxin, celebrex and now ive graduated to percocet twice a day. takes the edge off, thats about it. works the best so far though. it causes constipation, but not as bad as vicodin for some reason (percocet is only a stronger version). hard to get doc to write for this drug, but most docs dont understand how life changing constant pain is. side effects can be strong, but they are worth it. take this drug on an empty stomach as it will have the most relief, the more you eat with it the less effect it will have in relieving your pain. when you get to the point that you need percocet i can probably speak for most sufferers when i say who cares about addiction, its better than literally going crazy being unable to walk or even do your own laundry. wish docs understood that most people feel like schmucks going in asking for percocet, so if someone asks for it, they need to consider the amount of pain they are in instead of making you feel like an addict looking for your next score. good luck to anyone reading this and is experiencing the same amount of pain ive been in and will likely be in the rest of my life.

Related Reading: spondylolisthesis | ultram | robaxin

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: October 11

Percosets are great for my four herniated discs that are pressing on nerves in my neck and back. My pain extends from neck to arms, from lower back down right leg. Not only do percosets deaden my pain, they also give extra boost of energy (whereas, other pain relievers causes severe drowsiness and depression). I caution you and from experience, Percosets are extremely addictive and you have the tendency to take more pills than prescribed. I further caution you ... Do not run out of your percosets before your next refill. Severe side effects will occur.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 26

This medication has been a life saver. I have chronic back pain due to three herneated discs and degenerative disc disease. I could not work or even take care of myself without this medication. However, it bothers me that some people abuse the drug because it makes doctors skeptical and makes it difficult for me to get. Doctors should not assume that everyone who asks for this medication is a drug abuser. Some of us really do need the medication for legitimate medical reasons.

Chronic Pain/Back Pain