Percocet User Reviews

Percocet - User Reviews

Percocet User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Percocet sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: chelseabrock, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 01

Have been taking percocet for over a year now. 5/325, worked very well at first but I've found it doesn't last as long as it should, which causes me to be short at the end of the month. the withdrawals are really bad, is there anything I can do to help eliviate the depression hurt and feeling like I'd rather be dead than suffer through the withdrawals ?????

Comment from: Pearflower, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 30

I'm an R.N. who's had peripheral neuropathy for 10 yrs. in both feet,lower back,right leg and hip.I have severe pain;have taken Percocet for 7 yrs.now. I have to quit working bc of my pain,cut back in all activities of my life.Have noticed a tolerance building as I have upped my dosage from 5 mg,then 7mg,then 10mg,but it still does help. As my pain is chronic,though I fear that it will begin to NOT be as effective,and am seeking different pain-control methods such as hypnosis,etc in conjunction w/my pain med.Pain management is difficult for neuropathy or for any long term pain, I recommend counseling and often,antidepressants are warranted. I am unable to take antidepressants due to adverse effects so have that additional challenge.I recommend Mayo Clinic's Chronic Pain book,has been a lifesaver for me. God bless all who suffer chronic pain-I know it's a challenge to live with!

Related Reading: peripheral neuropathy

Comment from: Sickofthis, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 15

I am a 19 year old male. I was in a car accident and it ruptered a disc and fractured a vertebrae.When i was released from the hospital i was given 20 percocet 15mg. They worked wonders. Im in pain 16 hours out of the day now and cannot get any pain medication due to the fact that everyone is GETTING HIGH from them. This p**ses me off because i cant even work. but I would just like to thank all of you who have made it impossible to receive pain relief.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 10

Has anyone had the side effect of getting very hyper and not being able to sleep? The side effects listed are drowsiness and slowness but I am having the opposite of this. Took two 10 mg yesterday (about 4 hours apart) and did not sleep at all. It did relieve the pain completely so that was good. I was just unable to sleep - had unexpected energy. Has anyone else experienced this?

Comment from: thewholive, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 26

This drug is the most dangerous drug on the planet in terms of addiction.I took it for 2 years and withdrawel i would'nt give to my worst enemy.Its like having the flu x 5 plus anxiety extreme pain sweats etc.Please people be carefull if your on this drug.Long term effects are beyond danger.

Related Reading: flu

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 23

I had always had chronic back pain. I have carried nine babies full term all large-for-date, after all the kids came i was a mess, at this time I was put on diazepam, "mommas helper" what my dr called it, and 10 years later I broke my tibia and fibula and was prescribed percocet and ibruprofen and never been the same since. At first it took the pain away now I have to take more and more to get the same pain free life. I do therapy and pilates, but as the years go by I am starting to feel pain in the injured ankle. It is due to the fact that when your nervous system blocks out these pail sensory it makes it a little harder for the body to sense that it is NOT is pain It has been three years on percocet and when I run out I withdrawal with stomach cramps, major bowel movements and severe mood swings. So please be careful.

Comment from: monie, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 19

I have stage IV Endometriosis,SEVERE adhesions and Ovarian cyst.I have had 8 abdominal surgeries.It is one of the most painful chronic condition's a woman will ever endure.It feels like your pelvis is on fire.Your ovaries feel like they are going to burst!It feels like some one is stabbing your insides with a knife.I have done EVERYTHING!Acupuncture.Herbs.Natural medicine.Meditation.I have done it all. I have been on Percocet for 2weeks now and for the first time in years I have been able to really play with my children!!! GO for a long drive.DANCE! I have actually been able to be intimate with my husband and not feel like I am going to pass out from pain.It's sad that so many people who truly need this med can't get it because of all the people who abuse prescribed meds.This med works so well for me.Instructed to take it every 4 hours but take it every 6-8hrs.I am so very thankful to have some quality of life again! I have had this God for saken condition since I was 19 and I will be 28 this year. Good fortune to you all suffering with this life altering disease and God bless you.

Related Reading: Endometriosis