Percocet User Reviews

Percocet - User Reviews

Percocet User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Percocet sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: nurse and former patient, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 19

Please be very careful using this medication. It is very addictive. I was on it for about 3 years on and off for kidney surgeries and female surgeries (yes, several surgeries in a very short time period)... I did not want to stop taking it. I knew I needed help getting off and talked to my doctor who helped me with antidepressants and sleeping pills. When I was on percocet, I felt high and I loved it, but it is not a way to live. Please find something else to use if you have pain for more than a month. I used so much that I built up a huge tolerance, meaning I had to take more and more the next dose to get the same relief. I was 130 pounds and was taking 30 to 40 mg at a time. Please be careful.

Comment from: Melissa, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 04

Of all the pain meds that I have been prescribed, this is the one thqat I love. It seems that I can miss a dose if I am not hurting and not become sick. It is hard to get prescribed because they only wwant to give you Hydrocodone. And that does absolutely nothin. I have a ruptured,disk, a herniated disc and nerve damage in my back from a car wreck. They prescribed me Morphine, Methadone, Hydrocodone, Duragesic patch, and the onky relief has been the Percocet. So please don;t be afraid to try it. It may be the only thing that helps you to

Related Reading: herniated disc | Duragesic

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 23

I have had to use this medication for several different problems (kidney stones, endometriosis, and lower back pain). This has been one of the only pain medications that has helped me through all my medical problems. I agree that there is a stigma with it and I can't stand that! It is so restricted to the people who actually need it because of the drug abusers out there and that is absoultely terrible. I am having back surgery soon and I would be in bed everyday if I didn't have this medication. Hopefully soon I will be able to live without it, but it has definitely helped me and I would recommend it to others in pain.

Related Reading: kidney stones | lower back pain