Perphenazine Tablets User Reviews

Perphenazine Tablets - User Reviews

Perphenazine Tablets User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Perphenazine Tablets sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: ccalvin57, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 12

It took a while, 4-6 weeks, but it does help allot. My mood swings, depression to way highs, slowly stopped. My thought patterns started to make sense, instead of being so strange. Best med I have been on for my bi-polar disorder.

Related Reading: depression

Comment from: 25-34 (Patient) Published: February 27

went to best hospital available (MAYO MN) was taken off Abilify and Geodon and perphenazine med. has helped so much. low side effects for me and leveled out hypomania and depression at same time. have been on for almost 6 weeks and feeling better every week! thank goodness for Mayo doctors who realized a old yet still very effective med. would work.

Related Reading: Abilify | Geodon | perphenazine

Comment from: Now Sane and Happy, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: March 22

I tried many other psych drugs before finding out perphenazine worked best for me. It is one of the older neroleptics but is just as efective as the newer drugs of this type. One of my doctors took me off it and gave me Zyprexa insted and the Zyprexa made me gain 50 lbs, which I now can't loose. So now I'm back on perphenazine and it works great for me. I take 12mg once a day. It makes me think more clearly and keeps me calm. It also keeps me from getting paranoid about things, which I had a big problem with. I have been taking this drug for over 20yrs with no side effects except for a little drowsiness which I counteract with coffee. I also take an anti-depresent, doxepin. These drugs saved my life.

Related Reading: Zyprexa

Comment from: dan r., 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 18

It made me hallucinate and disallusionment, made me extremly sick at my stomach. It made me go into extremly bad hot flash and perfusly sweat. I connot tolerate this medication not even a small dose.

Comment from: catsnwax@verizon.net, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 12

I was on perphanizine back in 1995 and it worked extremely well for my scattered thought pattern and depression.I was recently put back on this medicine.It is a great medication.

Comment from: buhnehop, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 01

un til lately, I have been feeling fine on this drug @ 2 mg a day. lately, tho, my blood pressure is going thru the roof.

Comment from: bullwinkle, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 07

I have Bi Polar 2 and have tried practically every drug and or combination one could think of, then after particularly severe depressive episode that went to cycling rapidly along with anxiety and suicidal thoughts I was put on Trilafon along with Depakote. All I can say is after 4 weeks I feel better, not great but I'm not suicidal either.

Related Reading: anxiety | Depakote

Comment from: jimbo, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 05

worked for me. better than cymbalta, better than geodon, didnt mess with brain chemistry(taking 4-6 weeks to start and stop). 5 stars. cheaper than geodon ($50 vs. $720)

Related Reading: cymbalta

Comment from: absolute_li, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 19

I only started this medication 4 days ago. I have read reviews saying it helped right away. I can say without a doubt that has not been my experience. So far, nothing but blurriness, dizziness and disorientation. I have PTSD, BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder), among a few other diagnoses. So far, I have noticed no improvement and I pray this changes soon. I will definitely give it more time, but as I was also told to take it as needed (aside from my daily dose) I am worried. It does not calm me down even in the slightest, but makes me more disoriented and thus, more agitated. I hope this changes as I am getting pretty desperate. This review does not mean it won't work for you. So far, it hasn't for me but I tend to react to medicines poorly in general so remember everyone reacts differently!