Pexeva User Reviews

Pexeva - User Reviews

Pexeva User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Pexeva sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: martinshaven@aol.com, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 07

I have tried about every anti-deppressant on the market over the yrs. Very few worked and only for a short time. Pexeva has been great, I'm back to my old self. Happy looking forward to tomorrow and taking care of my life again. I think it's great!!!!

Related Reading: Pexeva

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 21

I was in a depression but the worst was the anxiety that accompanied it. Once the drug started to work, about two weeks I have been able to return to a normal life ( to the thankfulness of friends and family). The worst side effect was a weight gain and tremors at night and loss of sexual drive but living without the panic over rides all.

Related Reading: depression | anxiety | tremors

Comment from: all4shoos, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: December 12

I started taking Pexeva a week after I had my second panic attack. I'm happy to say it was my last. With the panic attack came constant feeling of anxiety and mild depression. All I could think about was when the next PA would strike. Within a month I felt better. After 3 months like a new person. I have been off of anti-depressants for about 3 months now, but felt the need to share as Pexeva is fairly new and I thought this might be helpful to someone. I helped me so much!

Comment from: nemaskall39@aol.com, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 28

I have only been on Pexeva for a week. I am not sure if its working for my depression as yet, however it is working wonders for my appetite, I have none I have to make myself eat. I also have a constant stomach discomfort my stomach stays upset, and I think my vision is worse and I am sweating excessively but only in my face the sweat just pours off my face. Does anyone else have this. I have been on so many depression meds that had no effect. This one helps with my appetite but the stomach problem is making me nervous, I do not want to get ulcers.

Comment from: Paxman, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 09

20 Mgs/day has helped me to function in the high stress environment of an inner city public high school. Drowsiness, occasional yawning, and decreased libido are the side effects I can live with.

Related Reading: stress

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 25

I have been taking Pexeva 20mg once a day for about a year. Recently, I ran out of pills and within 3 days I was miserable. The worst of it was that I thought something was wrong with my ears. I kept having this weird sensation when I stood up or when I talked. After I went back on Pexeva I was fine.

Comment from: mw6344, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 19

Like many others' here, I have taken many other medications for depression since 1998, but this one seems to be the best. I take 1 30mg daily and am back to my old self.

Comment from: whoba0302, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 30

I started taking this medicine after I began to deal with Panic and Anxiety attacks(40mg a day), also I was taking .50 of xanax, and I must say that it did the job with in 3 months, and I have stayed panic free for almost year now. But I must warn you when it comes to the side effects, when I begin the medicine the side effects weren't so bad, maybe alittle but of nausea for the first week and a slight headache. But once I was on it for a good 5 months and if I had missed a day it was hell! Starting with brain shocks(electric pulses) which were constant until I could get my next dose, also the nausea was horrible. Not to mention I gain 50 + pounds since starting it. Completely took away my sex drive, which was very hard for me at 23 yrs of age and newly married. I'am now 25 and we are trying to have a baby so coming off of it was a must, because of the dangers it poses to an unborn baby. After talking to my doctor and slowly coming off of it, it still has been hell! It is taking upwards of 2 months to fully come off and I still feel sick :( So please if you decide to take this medicine, be prepared to deal with some serious side effects.

Related Reading: xanax | headache