Phendimetrazine Tartrate User Reviews

Phendimetrazine Tartrate - User Reviews

Phendimetrazine Tartrate User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Phendimetrazine Tartrate sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: March 24

I have lost almost 50 pounds 5 months (size 18 to a size 4). I fully believe I wouldn't have been this successful without this drug. I NEVER diet because I have no will-power, but this medication allowed me to stick with my diet EVEN THROUGH THE HOLIDAYS! Not only do I feel like it curbed by appetite, I also think it dulls cravings. Since the drug is so effective at curbing your hunger, you do need to be conscious of your need to eat (at least small amounts) regularly whether you are hungry or not. My husband & I did this diet together and were instructed by the doctor not to eat unless we were "hungry". We learned quickly that our bodies tell us we are hungry by more than our stomachs growling. I've learned that when my brain "stops working" (can't think clearly, easily) I need to eat, regardless of whether I FEEL hungry. I saw another reviewer describe what they termed "short term memory loss" (losing keys, forgetting things, etc) as a side-effect. The reveiwer went on to say that doctor said this was not a known side-effect others had experienced. I think the pill was effectively keeping this reviewer from being hungry, but the lack (amount and/or frequency) of food was preventing proper brain function. If you take the pills, eat regularly and DON'T try to live off protein alone. This is great for a few days, but you need carbs (unstarchy vegetables are best) to function.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 18

After using it for a while, it no longer helps you lose weight, you just think it does. You still have to depend on diet and exercise to make a difference; I made the mistake of thinking it was the pills.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 16

I have lost a total of 35lbs in 3 months with this medication and I feel great! It helped give me the engery to workout, and it helped me say no to all the bad foods that were making me fat.

Comment from: momPR, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 24

Here;s the bottom line - I did lose weight. BUT I experienced very fluttery heart beats, scary rapid heart rate, dizzy blurry vision - scared so much I went and had a whole series of heart exams. We need to be very careful with this drug!

Comment from: rjspell, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 05

I lost 25 pounds using as directed---had more energy to exercise.-Did get tired easier as I stopped using--I have kept the weight off though!

Comment from: smiles0505, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 15

i weighed in at 227 and have been taking the pills and getting b-12 shots weekly and i 've lost 14 pounds in 3 weeks!i have tried everything but surgery and this has worked great .the only side effest so far is if i take my dinner pill past 6 im up all nite but managed to only to do that once.lol i feel great and hope to reach my goal of 130 with the next few months.

Comment from: timeforchange, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 20

I started this med about 2months now with a low-calorie diet and exercise. I am also a pharmacist. The medication will help you gain the energy necessary to start exercise. But, you body starts to develop tolerance. It has helped me lose 24lbs in 7wks, but the truth is the low-calorie no carb with exercise is really the benefit. It takes years to add on pds so don't look for overnight solutions. You have to burn 3500 calories to lose 1 pound. Don't look to take this medication for more than 3 months. It won't be very effective after that. But, it's cheap so do as you please...

Comment from: Sheri, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 21

On a medically supervised plan, lost 60 lbs in 4 mos. Felt fine, but on mos 6 went for GYN appt and Dr noticed heart murmur that was not there the mo before for my annual physical. I did read heart valve problems as a low possible side effect. Coincidence?

Related Reading: heart murmur

Comment from: ddy, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 16

I have lost 101.4 lbs in 8 months 1 week. I never felt like I was taking anything. I never noticed any change in how I felt at all except I think I must not be as hungry and don't seem to crave anything. It has been easy to stick to the diet and I have the energy to exercise as well. I am going to Medizone Clinic weekly and can't tell you what a difference this has made in my life. I have 20 lbs more to go to reach my ideal weight of 130. I have done every diet there is and this program is the best. I am no longer on a diet. This is how I eat and I love it. The diet is based on the book the Zone.

Comment from: Judy, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 18

I have been on this for just over a month and lost 31 lbs total. It works great and I feel fine with no jittery feelings.