Phenergan User Reviews

Phenergan - User Reviews

Phenergan User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Phenergan sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: December 07

I used this drug for the nausea I experience with migraines and when I use it in the 25mlg. Its is fine but the last time my doctor wrote a new script he changed it to 50.mg. and it made me sicker. Not sure why it did this but am cutting pills in half and doing much better. Usually I highly recommend this for nausea and vomiting.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 04

This medicine makes you sleepy for a reason. It helps to calm you, so you can lay down and rest thru the sickness. It's an awesome medication. very helpful

Comment from: LuLuGreen, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 26

This medicine made me feel drunk or high. I *could not* stay awake on it no matter how hard I tried. I guess it worked for vomiting, but it practically put me in a coma.

Related Reading: coma

Published: March 30

With nausea or vomiting, this medication works within 15 minutes to calm and relax me, stopping the nausea, and allowing me to get on with everyday activities.

Published: November 21

I had a migraine off and on for 6 days and I took 12.5 mg. Even though it knocked me out, when I woke up the next morning the horrendous headache was FINALLY gone!

Related Reading: migraine

Comment from: KareyHall, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 13

I am currently pregnant and this is making my life so much easier. I don't know what I would do without it.

Comment from: nicolem747, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 08

I am sickened by reading these posts. My 66 year old father was prescribed this medication as an anti-nausea for his terminal pancreatic cancer. This medication makes him see things that aren't there........ like smoke, spider webs, bugs, hallucinate, talk to people who aren't there, sleep for hours on end, etc. He is NOT on any other meds that have any similar side effects. I am mortified that pregnant women are taking this medicataion.... What in the world is it doing to your unborn fetus?!?!? I'd rather be sick for months and have a healthy baby than ever go through what my Dad has experienced without knowing what you are doing to your baby......... WOW. Wake up ladies and do a little more research..... Remember Thalidomide babies???? Yikes.........

Related Reading: pancreatic cancer | sleep

Comment from: Vallejo63, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 29

It saved me from throwing u mp toenails LOL.I would take it and start to feel better in 30 minutes.

Comment from: VogueIsMe, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 16

My Mom took this & became CRAZY! She saw my deceased Dad & her deceased parents standing in her room & reaching out to pull her up, & than was talking to them out loud. Than she thought she was still in the hospital & had terrable nightmares. She refused to ever go back in her bedroom after that. Than she accused her lovely home nursing aide of threatening her to put her in an institution, than begged me to never do that to her. OMG no-one ever said that to her. (This went on for a week) She got all mixed up on her pills & took Immodium constantly, thinking it was her daily meds. She was arrogant, nasty & mad at everyone. Than she mixed up everything. She slept 22 out of 24 hours a day. It was a nightmare with her. I took her off of that medication & almost everything else too. After about a week Mom was almost back to herself..thank God, although she was still very sick. Unfortunately, our beautiful Mother died 3 weeks ago. Her doctors never saw what was wrong with her until it was too late. It shouted at them in her CT scans & MRI's. They missed it. How bad is that.

Related Reading: nightmares

Comment from: Milo, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 24

I have suffered off and on with bouts of nausea for years, and have taken phenergan for that. Now I take it nightly as a sleep aid, 3 tablets in the evening. Sleep is very important to me, and phenergan definitely helps with that, while still useful for nausea.