Phisohex User Reviews

Phisohex - User Reviews

Phisohex User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Phisohex sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: annlizbrown@aol.com, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 09

I get very painful boils on parts of my body that are always covered. I have been using phisohex for 15 years, and have cut the amount of boils I get to 3 a year from 3 a month. I am now told that the makers of phisohex will no longer sell this product. Does anyone know of a substitute for phisohex. I am very troubled with the thoughts of going back to that constant pain.The boils I used to get on my upper thighs, my butt, and under my breast, were so painful, that I sometimes could not walk, sit, or wear cloths. There must be more people out there that have been so greatly helped with phisohex, please let me know if you have had any help from other products.

Related Reading: boils | phisohex | breast

Comment from: Jabramsaar, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 30

I just got this today, so I haven't used it yet, but I have HS, and I've only heard good things. I see a lot of reviewers saying they can't find it. It is still on the market, but it is ONLY BY PRESCRIPTION NOW. They keep it behind the counter in the pharmacy. A lot of pharmacies don't keep it in stock anymore, so call your dr first to have them call you in some, just in case

Comment from: ftrrd, 25-34 Published: May 07

For everyone writing about pHisoHex: This product was in fact used regularly by many in the 1950's and 60's and it was used to bathe newborns in. However, the reason you do not find it anymore in drug stores is because it was found that the chemical causes neurological damage with prolonged use. You should not try and order this product from out of the country and use it for this reason among many others associated with buying meds from another country!

Comment from: NONAME, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 17

Use for HYDRADENITIS SUPPERATIVA (boils in groin, buttocks, underarm and under breasts and belly. Wash everyday.Please never take off market UNLESS YOU FIND A CURE FOR H.S. Have had HS on and off for 36 years.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 26

Used for skin lupus eruptions on the scalp. it seems to be working well.

Related Reading: lupus

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: August 10

As a kid growing up from 1961 on, Phisohex was a mainstay in our OTC products. Used for uncomfortable skin rashes of all sorts, a cleanser, a antiseptic scrub etc. It always healed the effected area in short order. Often it was used in a warm bath for soaking groin/sweat rash after days of football practice. My mom was a RN and it was a standard item in the dr's office and hospital...now can't find it anywhere and no one including the local doctors or nurses seem to be able to indicate why? I had a recent skin rash which was treated with a week of Prednisone, Bactrum, and a ointment for two weeks and it still hasn't gone away...I am willing to bet one soak or two in a hot tub with my good ol friend Phiso and I would not still be in pain but completely rash free! PUT IT BACK ON THE MARKET

Related Reading: rash

Comment from: toosy68@hotmail.com, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years Published: November 18

I have used this treatment (Phisohex) for ten years and have found no problems with it. I used it as a face wash and have received many compliments on how well my face looked. A doctor recommended it after I was getting boils/acne on my face. Since I started it, I have never had any more boils/acne (whatever you want to call it) on my face. The only reason I am not using it now is because I cannot get it. I have been out of it since December of 2008 and my Pharmacy keeps telling me it's on back order, but today (11/18/09) when I called them again, I was told it was stopped. I would like to know why? Does anyone out there know? And is there a substitute for it? I decided to google it to see if I can get any information, and a link directed me to WebMD to share my information. I wanted people to know that it was a good product for me, and I truly miss using it.

Related Reading: acne

Comment from: AJ smiley, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 07

I use this for acne. It works wonders for my dad. It does not seem to work for me. Lately my acne just seems to have gotten worse. I would not rule out trying it though as it as worked wonders for many people.