Phisohex User Reviews

Phisohex - User Reviews

Phisohex User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Phisohex sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: (Patient) Published: April 30

Phisohex was prescribed to me because I had 5 episodes of MRSA skin infections and I have been told to use it for 2 weeks daily all over my body. I will be done in 2 days and am praying I have no more MRSA. It was prescribed by my MD and I had no issues getting it from CVS.

Related Reading: MRSA

Comment from: dznuts, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 07

about 12 years ago my bf's parents brought me this product from canafda. I have such bad acne around my mouth and between my eyebrows. THis is the only product that ever worked. It cleared it up with one wash right in front of my eyes. I could never find it again. Years later I asked a dermatologist and he said he thinks its not sold int he states cause it causes tumors in monkeys. Well I don't know the truth but i want it. I am breaking out like i am 17 again and nothing is working. all the products i use make it worse. the only place i can find Phisohex is on ebay from Australia. for like $35.00 for a small bottle.

Comment from: Lynn, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 11

As a teenager in the late 1960s, I used this product for the treatment of acne. My doctor had recommended it to me and at that time it could be purchased over the counter. It worked wonders! I wish it was available now for my teenage daughter's acne. Is it available by prescription?

Comment from: 1stgrambo, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: June 23

My daughter had cradle-cap & exzema when she was a baby. Nothing I tried seemed to help, until I got pHisoHex. It cleared the cradle cap up in one treatment & it never came back. The exzema took a bit longer, but no ill effects were noted, either. She is now in her 50's & going strong. I thought this had been taken off the market. My Dachshund has a skin condition & I thought he could benefit from pHisoHex, too. I hope I can find it somewhere.

Comment from: samk44, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 30

I have been using this product for several years. Our family was hit by MRSA infections and our Dr. had us use bactroban and this soap after we showered. We left it on for about a minute or two, then rinsed off. It was the only thing that controlled the outbreak in our family and prevented it from returning. We only use it occasionally now. I am about to run out of what I had left and I can't find it anywhere. I am really in a panic. I don't know what our family will do without it. MRSA is a very serious thing and very contageous. Why would they take this off the market when it's the only thing that helps with this infection? It makes no sense at all, unless they want people to suffer. Why can't they just keep it away from use on babies and small children if it harms them and give them something milder to use. We need this. It also keeps my Lupus rash in control. Please bring this back. Our whole family will be miserable without it.

Comment from: Dr Mom, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 08

I had a baby girl last September. A short while later she began having seizures...I believe it was caused by this product. When medical professionals know the potential damage this product can cause if not used properly, and they continue to use it, someone else suffers. I think this should be banned.

Comment from: son, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 13

I have used this on many of patients and it works good. Recently I had to use it on myself for a rash.

Comment from: josh, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 01

I have been using phisohex for approximately four months now and i have seen a noticeable difference. My acne outbreaks are reduced. Only a few samll outbreaks every so often. The scarring is still noticeable but breakouts have reduced significantly.

Comment from: musaraigne, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: July 18

(1) The website does not allow a choice of "reason" so I will state it here: I was a nurse in England and I used Phisohex, (as recommended) for years. I never had any side effect from it. I also used it occasionally at home for my face if I had a cold and I never had herpes problem. I suspect that this product was too good and often misused, so the patronizing FDA forbade it. On the other hand, it now approves many drugs who make people sicker or even kill them, but that is OK. Big drug companies make a bundle out of it and FDA gets its share no doubt. As another person said, get it with a prescription or go online to a Canadian pharmacy. I am sorry to say that the FDA is another government agency tuned dysfunctional. I was so proud of it once upon a time.

Comment from: johnsalter2012, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: June 06

Used pHisoHex 55 years to control staph on head and also control body odor under arms but now my supply is exhausted and I can not find more. Boils recur on scalp, need more pHisoHex to control it. Nothing else helps at all. HELP !!! --js