Phoslo User Reviews

Phoslo - User Reviews

Phoslo User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Phoslo sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: birdlady8170, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: December 11

I am writing for my husband. He is in a nursing home in another city. He is on dialysis for kidney failure. He is prescribed pills at 667 mg 4 times a day. Last week he was ordered 3 pills at each dosage. He was doing okay and had no problems. Yesterday he told me they upped his dosage to 5 pills at each dosage and he is vomiting. At this dosage he is taking 13,340 mg per day. I am hoping someone can help me with what the recommended dosage per day for a 48 year old man, 130 pounds, and 5 foot 9 inches. I am trying to get ahold of his dialysis center but it is taking longer than I want. His doctor at the nursing home is a fruitloop.

Related Reading: kidney failure

Comment from: holmeslift, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 19

i take three pills befor each meal and i still have high phosphate levels.my dr.says i need to increase to four.is there a limit on the amount you should take or does it matter?

Comment from: phoslouser, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 18

I have been a renal patient for almost three years. Been on Phoslo the entire time. About 8 months into this I experienced cronic diarrhea and it hasn't stopped. That was almost two years ago. Nausua and diarrhea are a way of life for me now because of the Phoslo. I have tried other phosphate inhibitors, but their side effects intensify the problems I already have. Guess this is the best there is. Pitty.

Related Reading: Phoslo | diarrhea

Comment from: lauriemae, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 08

I take them and renagel and my phosphrus is still high. It upsets my stomach and the capsuls stick to my mouth making it hard to swallow them. I broke one open and it's just a pill in a capsule.

Related Reading: renagel

Comment from: phoslo, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 31

Gives me an upset stomach

Comment from: Joan, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 17

Morning dosage can cause explosive diaherrea without much warning.

Comment from: holmeslift, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 23

i take three pills befor i eat and yet when i go to dialsis the nurse tells me my levels are to high.do i need to take more? any way they don't seem to work for me.plus they cost to much.

Comment from: jiffyner17, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 17

I have ESRD and take 5 caps with meals 3 with snacks. When I do take pills during or right after eating, my phos levels are lower than not. Never had any side effects with this drug. Also equally effective in liquid form.

Comment from: jrroge, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 25

It keeps me free from Dyalsis so it's a plus

Comment from: kitten, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 02

I was giving it in the hospital and continuing yo due so today.