Plan B User Reviews

Plan B - User Reviews

Plan B User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Plan B sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: sw13, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 02

My ex-boyfriend came inside of me after i told him not to. He said not to worry about it that i could just take plan b. I was freaking out and took the medication not even 6 hours later. I ended up becoming pregnant. So just be very cautious and not use plan b as an excuse for unprotected sex. I heard that the effectiveness rate is only about 75%. Ladies please take care of yourselves, don't let a man do that to you!

Related Reading: plan b

Comment from: motherof2already, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 07

9 days after my LMP the condom broke... Luckily Walgreens was open on Christmas day... I took the pill as directed. it was Less Than 24 hours from the time the condom broke... I had mild cramping, off and on, and tender breast... but in the end, IT DID NOT WORK FOR ME!! I just found out today I'm pregnant. So much for taking it up to 72 hours later. This product was a waste of $45. It probably only works if you are past your 'fertile' time... They have an ovulation calendar on this website. according to that calendar, I was very fertile that day... I bet this Plan B would have failed even if I had taken it 1 hour later.

Related Reading: breast

Comment from: snegra, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 26

I used Oral Plan b after a condom break with my partner. The medication was easy to use and seemed to be very effective, since I did not become pregnant. Although I am very satisfied with it's effectiveness the side effects were a big problem for me. I experienced nausea, and headaches. The pills also changed my menstrual cycle and I spotted for several days after my cycle was done. I am also having problems with lower abdominal pain, and it has been almost a month since i have taken the pill.

Related Reading: abdominal pain

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 20

I had to use Plan B after unprotected sex with my boyfriend. I took the pills as directed within approximately 60 hours. About 6 days later I started bleeding (seemed like a period, just 2 weeks early). I was told by the Plan B hotline that it was just a symptom and that I should get my period as expected. Around the date of my expected period, I only spotted about 2 days and when it did not come I took a few pregnancy tests and got negative results. At this point I was very stressed out (due to this and other issues in my life). I thought that maybe the bleeding was actually my period so I counted 25 days (my normal cycle length)from the bleeding I experienced after taking Plan B but again did not get a period. I tested a few more times and got negative results. Finally, after much stress I got a period! I suggest staying as calm as possible when using Plan B. Besure to take the pills as directed (12 hours apart within 72 hours of unprotected sex). Do not let the side effects scare you either (I was nauseas, bloated, had aching breasts, and spotted all after taking Plan B). Also do not hesitate to call the Plan B helpline, they were very helpful.

Related Reading: pregnancy | stress

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 12

I'm 21 years old and my boyfriend and I had an incident where the condom slipped off inside me after we had sex. I had ovulated a day or so ago, so naturally I was worried and thought I should get Plan B. I stressed myself out a lot reading these reviews so much so that I waited 24 hours before taking it because I was paranoid about side-effects. I wrote this review because I took Plan B, had some very mild cramping for a day or two, no spotting, and my period came as scheduled. A lot of people only write reviews when they have bad experiences, so I don't want anyone else to get as freaked out as I was reading them. It worked for me and the side-effects were virtually unnoticeable.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 21

Im writing this review mainly because when I took it I went online to read reviews to see if I could find some peace. The only kind of reviews I found were ones that complained about the side effects, and how it DIDN'T work. I just want to let others know that I took the pill with no side effects whatsoever. It was simple and easy, and it worked just fine for me. So for the ladies that are worried, and expecting the worst, I just want to let you know not everyone has a terrible experience after taking it..its just that those who have good experiences dont have anything to say about it. they took it. it worked.they were done. So dont expect the worst, and dont worry.

Comment from: 25-34 (Patient) Published: April 16

I was off the pill for a few days and we forgot to use back up contraception. I took Plan B 8 hours after sex. I was confused because the doctor said I'd get my period within a few days and that concurred with information I read online. After a week I still didn't get my period and I was a little nervous. But I got my period on schedule with my natural cycle, two weeks after I took Plan B.