Plan B User Reviews

Plan B - User Reviews

Plan B User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Plan B sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Sexyslim, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 20

I used the Plan B the very next morning after the condom slipped off, and I started myt period about 1 week later. and i was wondering if i were going to see my period again at the end of the month??? but overall, i was happy to see any type of blood !!!!!! no complaints from me at all

Comment from: horsiemama, 19-24 (Patient) Published: December 10

I just wanted to explain how this product works for those that dont know. Ive seen some unhappy women on here talking about how it doesnt work. It is not guaranteed to work. Plan B works by making your body not ovulate. If you are already ovulating when you had the unprotected sex, plan b will do nothing. Sperm usually lasts about 48 hours. Plan B is to keep you from ovulating if you havent already, while the sperm is still alive, if that makes sense. If you havent ovulated when you had the unprotected sex, it really is a wonderful product. So, what I am trying to say is if you were ovulating when you had the unprotected sex, chances are you will get pregnant. Because of the way this works, if you were to get pregnant when you take the pill/s or if you already were, it will not harm the baby in any way, though, of course, it is not recommended. I hope this makes sense and is helpful to some of you. Good Luck! ;)

Comment from: ***, 25-34 (Patient) Published: May 14

I took Plan B, felt a little "off" that day (light headed, nauseas, slight headache)Then recieved a period 5 days later. Great! I wasn't pregnant! It worked. My biggest concern was that I DIDN'T GET MY NEXT PERIOD FOR 6 1/2 WEEKS! I normally cycle like clockwork. I took 2 pregnancy tests and although they were negative I was still very concerned! I finally got it today! YEA! I would still recommend this option in case of emergency but I sure hope I don't have to go through the worries again myself! Better than having a new baby on the way tho!

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: lilpanda, 13-18 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 10

First off, i'd like to say that thinking i could possibly get pregnant is the worse feeling i have ever felt as a college student. Things were running through my head like crazy such as: My family will disown me; OMG! Im going to seriously hurt him if i'm pregnant;and will i have to get an abortion? I asked the guy i was with if he remembers anything from other night and whether or not anything got in me. He was experiencing a hangover atm and completely useless(the doofus). I actually started crying and my friend drove me to CVS to get plan B. I read all the possible side effects and, frankly, didn't care what happened, just as long as i didn't get pregnant. I consumed it just a little under 48 hours after intercourse. It cost around 45 bucks because I was able to print off a coupon from Plan B's website. A week later i got my period (which was sort of odd because i had just gotten it a week earlier, but i didnt care, it was the greatest relief i had ever experienced) The best part about this is that i didn't even experience any of its possible side effects besides the change in my cycle. One of my other friends said the same. Another friend, however, said that she felt dizzy, nausea and had major cramps. In short,knowing this product prevented me from getting pregnant and possibly having an abortion (which is at least $350 with the pill) is definitely worth the $45 i spent. I am extremely grateful for this product.

Comment from: PlanBuser, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 21

I have had to take Plan B twice. The first time, was a couple of years ago and the condom broke. I was pretty secure of where I was in my cycle but the guy I was with at the time was adamant about taking every possible precaution so I figured the $40 was worth a little extra reassurance. I don't like to take meds without extensive research and by the time I completed my research the pharmacy was closed and it was the next morning before I could take it. Roughly 36 hours after intercourse. I did have minor side effects, but they were so minor, I think they may have been in my head because I convinced myself that without the side effects the pill wasn't working. In the end, my period was on time and regular. The second time was a completely different experience. This time, in the heat of the moment, me and my boyfriend didn't use protection and had a definite "oohps" moment. The next morning I didn't think anything about it, but throughout the day, I started calculating and realized I was closer to ovulation than I had originally thought. The next day I went and got Plan B. Again it was about 36 hours. This time, I had severe cramps, nausea and fatigue for the first few days. After that off and on for another week or so. The good news is that my period came a week later. The bad news is that it wasn't regular. My normal period is 3-4 days. As of this posting, it has been 10 days and I still have spotting and it is seems to be off-color. Based on these varying experiences, I suspect that the last occurrence would have likely ended in pregnancy and the Plan B did its job. The first time I was probably safe to begin with. Keep in mind that Plan B only works to stop ovulation during the 3 day life cycle of sperm. If you aren't within the range for ovulation you don't need it.On the flip side, if you are already ovulating, it is already too late. If you are in doubt about your cycle, Google "Ovulation Calendar." Also, you can find a $5 coupon online.

Related Reading: fatigue

Comment from: JootiJazz, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 05

I am a 40 yr woman who is married and was never pregnant before. I was on birth control since age 15 due to severe periods. At age 40 (12/23/09), I developed a blood clot from birth control - found out I was Leiden 5 positive with 1 mututation and ordered off birth control for the rest of my life. On 12/22/10, my husband's condom broke at appx 10pm at night. I was mid-cycle - in other words - it was the 1st day of my ovulation. The worst day it could have possibly happened. Unsure if I was allowed to take Plan B due to my blood clotting disorder, I contacted my OBGYN that night. He instructed me to contact my hematologist in the AM. At appx 1:30pm the following day (16 hours from broken condom), I was told it was OKAY to take Plan B with my blood clotting disorder. I did not have one side effect at any time. No sickness, no dizziness, no headache...NADA. I did not take any food with my pill and had an empty stomach when I took it. I didn't eat until 4 hours after I took the pill to ensure it stayed in my system. I also am the type of person who has reactions to everything - but not Plan B! FYI: Plan B hormones only stay in your body for appx 48 hours. The results? NOT PREGNANT. I got my period on the exact day I was supposed to get it too. Not 1 day late, not 1 day early. I am very glad I took Plan B, because I was ovulating the exact day the condom broke. It is important to state that time is of the essence in taking Plan B. Sperm can live up to 2 days inside your body. If you are ALREADY PREGNANT, PLAN B WILL NOT TERMINATE YOUR PREGNANCY. It will do nothing for you. It will stop you from ovulating - and possibly hinder the sperm from fertilizing your egg and attaching to your uterus. To all future readers and posters: Don't believe the hype. Relax. Take Plan B (one pill). Post where you are in your cycle when your accident happened. It will help in determining the chances of Plan B working for others. Good Luck & THX Plan B!

Related Reading: birth control | dizziness