Plan B User Reviews

Plan B - User Reviews

Plan B User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Plan B sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: nyambush, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: March 29

I took it after 36 hours,it actually worked.but the second time after 48 hours,it dint work.It was too unfortunate i became pregnant.I was dissapointed knowing how it had costed me.$45.00

Comment from: 13-18 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 12

So I was on antibiotics for about 4 days with my birth control. I wasn't expecting any kind of sexual encounter so I didn't really think about it too much. Then I stopped the antibiotics, and the next day i had sex. My partner had a condom, but he got it from his car and that really worried me. He told me everything was fine, but still i was freaking out. The next day i got plan b, just to be safe. (i'm a very paranoid person haha) I did not experience any side effects like nausea, but i did feel a little bit tired and dizzy. The thing i didn't like about plan b was the cramps. I had these dull cramps that lasted around 2 weeks, and then turned into the normal menstrual cramps i get before my period. Also i am prone to headaches, and this definitely made them worse. But anyway, I got my period today (a day and a half earlier than i expected) so everything's good!!! I recommend it for anyone who's worried that they might've been unprotected!

Related Reading: sexual | menstrual cramps

Comment from: `1234567890, 13-18 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 04

My girlfriend and I had sex when my condom broke off. We went to our local pharmacy and paid 55 dollars for the plan B pill, I didn't care about the price, it was our only hope for her not getting pregnant. She took it within 30 minutes and we waited. Her period was scheduled to arrive a week later. With many sleepless nights and uncertainty of our future cause alot of stress. Then a week later she got her period, a blessing from God himself! She had no side effects and 3 days after taking pills started to feel her period come. I am very happy with this pill and that we aren't having a baby! I also read the bad reviews on here. For the people that say thanks to plan b pill for not working, its not the pills fault, its not guarenteed to work. Try to stay calm and ladies dont stress out and cause your period to be late. My girlfriend was very calm and told me to relax and thing will be fine.

Comment from: 19-24 (Patient) Published: January 16

I'm writing this review for the women, who like me read all the reviews scared of the side effects of taking Plan B. Don't worry not all medications affect people in the same way so I wanted to share my expereince. I took Plan B one step within 24 hours of having sex. I took Plan B because i missed some pills during the month of my daily low-dose birth control. I was nervous this pill would make me sick but I experienced NO unpleasant side effects and got my period 2 days late. I'd recomend it to anyone who thinks there could be that chance of becoming pregnant if your birth control failed. It pays to be safe and if I ever get in the situation again later in life and I would definitely use it as emergancy contraception again.

Comment from: Barbie Crash, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 02

The first day of my last menstural period was January 16th 2010. On January 26 around 9:30 pm I had unprotected sex, and on January 27th at 11:00 am I went to a clinic and took plan B one step. The next day I felt a little nauseous. On February 2 2010 I had started a very weird period, I wouldn't even call it an actual period, the blood was dark brown, I had no cramping (which I ALWAYS have), the “period” last 2 days and was not heavy at all.. My breast were starting to get tender as if I were going to be starting my actual menstrual cycle. As the weeks went by my breasts got EXTREMELY PAINFUL, I started getting bloated and my face broke out HORRIBLY on the sides of my chin. I took a pregnancy test February 20th and it came out negative. February 25th something possessed me to eat a hot dog and that's when I knew I WAS PREGNANT!!!! I took another test and sure enough I am pregnant! 5.5 weeks along (now 6 weeks)… I went to the Dr. and had an official test done, yep I am pregnant and my due date is October 24, 2010 PLAN B ONE STEP DID NOT WORK FOR ME AT ALL…. So ladies if you have pregnancy symptoms after taking this stupid pill, and your period is late…GO TAKE A TEST!!!

Comment from: 25-34 (Patient) Published: July 30

I took this 48 hours after unprotected sex about 2 weeks into my normal cycle. I didn't have any side effects. However, my next period was 2 weeks late and then it was extremely short and light.

Comment from: 19-24 Published: May 22

Two days after my period, my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex. He says he knows what he's doing and blah blah blah. But I still don't know why I let it happen, passion takes over I guess. I was very worried although he did not ejaculate inside of me, it doesn't matter. I took plan B within 15-20 hours after. I had tenderness in the breasts, a little moody, and lower stomache pains. Nothing I couldn't handle though. After 3 days I had bleeding for about 3 days. Breakthrough bleeding I suppose? I got my next period right on schedule.

Published: January 13

I took Plan B within 12 hours of having unprotected sex. Initially I had no side effects. However, it has now been two weeks since I took it and I am very crampy, nauseous, have had a severe head ache for two days and am spotting quite heavily. I am still waiting to see if it worked since I have not yet had a full period. But after speaking with my pharmacist this morning I am pretty sure it has and this spotting will lead to a period. Over all, I am glad I took it and the side effects are very similar to PMS or other oral contraceptives.