Plan B User Reviews

Plan B - User Reviews

Plan B User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Plan B sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 19-24 (Patient) Published: March 10

DO NOT TAKE THIS PILL. I am a college student, and was 20 years old when I took this pill less than 24 hours after sex with failed contraception. What they don't make clear is that if you are ovulating, by the time you take the pill your egg has most likely already been fertilized, as in my case. And if that's what happens, the pill does NOT prevent pregnancy, here's what it did to me: I had a "period" after taking the pill at the same time as expected, but spotted everyday afterwards for over a month so assumed it was a side effect, like the box says. One day, I doubled over from abdominal pain, but assumed it was gas pains so took Advil and felt better. Finally, 7 weeks after the sex, I took a pregnancy test just to make sure, and it was POSITIVE. I went to the doctor the next day, and went into emergency surgery for an ectopic pregnancy. I had to have my left fallopian tube removed at 20 years old. The doctor said it was because of the Plan B pill, and now I will never get that tube back, and my chances of successful pregnancy in the future are slimmer. I will never take this pill again, and don't recommend it at all.

Related Reading: ectopic pregnancy

Comment from: 19-24 (Patient) Published: June 29

After having sex, my boyfriend and i discovered the condom had slipped off, stayed inside of me and broke. Needless to say the entire night was ruined and filled with feelings of anxiety and uncertainty. Although i was on the pill, my boyfriend suggested Plan B. I took it the next morning and waited. Two weeks later i waited for my period to come and well....nothing. But as it states on the box, plan b may effect your period. Thankfully, the week after it was expected it arrived and obviously it worked! Plan B saved the day....well the lifetime my boyfriend and i would have spent raising a child. I would definetly recommend this emergency contraception.

Related Reading: anxiety

Published: April 26

i took plan b because the condom broke during sex. i took it within an hour of it breaking and got my period one week and two days later. i just got my period today and i am SO relieved and happy! overall, i am very satisfied with my experience with plan b. i experienced virtually no side-effects, other than my period being a few days late (which was absolute TORTURE! but late periods are one of the possible side effects since it's such a high dosage of hormones). overall though, like i said, i am very satisfied and would recommend it to any woman who has an accident! it sucks, but it happens.

Comment from: riddlegrl, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 18

I was taken advantage of while passed out at a party a week and a half into my cycle. I was on the pill but I was also taking antibiotics and I could feel myself ovulate the next day. 2 1/2 days after the incident I took plan B. It was very easy to take and I had minimal cramping. Friend who had taken this in the past said they'd started their period within 2 days but mine was on schedule 2 weeks later. After reading some reviews I was very nervous those 2 weeks and when my period was light I waited another week and took a pregnacy test just to be sure. Thankfully it was negative. The drugs website lists bleeding as a side effect and says you're supposed to get your period on your regular schedule, so don't freak out by what you read and hear. I was very happy with this medication even for the $45 price tag.