Plaquenil User Reviews

Plaquenil - User Reviews

Plaquenil User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Plaquenil sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 26

Within a month of my diagnosis and being prescribed this medication, the swelling in my hands reduced enough for me to put my wedding rings back on for the first time in almost a year. My shoe size also went down a half size and the puffiness in my ankles went away. I have now been on this medication for 11 months and still cannot believe the difference from this time last year.

Comment from: tcevans, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 18

I'm also positive for R/A...I've been using this drug 2x daily for 3-4 years now..I believe it has an overall positive effect day-to-day...but I still experience painful and exhausting break-outs from time-to-time. I don't know if the outbreaks would be worse or more often if I didn't take Plaquenil...overall I'm satisfied. I haven't seen on this site the problems that can arise when using this drug with your EYES and VISION..it's IMPORTANT to see A specialist at least every 4 months or so to watch for damage &/or changes...I've had both

Related Reading: Plaquenil

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 25

I have been taking this medication for four years along with Mobic I have been pain free. No longer do I have pain in my joints or my thigh bones. My hair has stopped falling out and I can work a full time job, type all day and raise 3 boys on my own. I love my life again, and Thank God for this medication.

Related Reading: Mobic

Comment from: ri411, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 26

I have been on this medication for 8 mths. I was surprised on how strong and energetic I feel now as compared to last year. I still have swollen ankles and very poor circulation in my legs but at least the flares does not occur elsewhere. With the help of Physical Therapy & this drug I believe my health with continue to improve.

Comment from: Pam, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 01

I have vision loss because of taking Plaquenil. I see wavy lines and blurry/blind spots in both eyes. I've taken this drug since 2000. It really helped with the pain I was having and kept all my labs in check. But, my eye doc recently found the drug in my eyes after I failed a couple of eye tests. There is nothing that can be done to correct this damage and new glasses won't help. Vision loss is a rare side-effect but you should think carefully about taking the chance. My eye doc says in the hundreds of people he has seen for Plaquenil he has had only had one other person get the drug in their eyes. He is now blind.

Comment from: banks, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 29

1/29/2009 Hi, 48 African American female- I began taking the pill in Jan. 2007 -I had a bad finger flare. I had the pills since late December 2006 - afraid to take, due to the side affects. I took 400mgs of plaquenil and popped lots of Ibuprofen/daily and together it relieved the aches and pain.I also notice I had a patch of hair that stayed shorter than other parts. I kept my hair short and it alway grew back in the same pattern. I believe it was the plaquenil- Dr's advice Bioten, it didn't help much. Anyhow, in 2008 I continued the use 400 mgs plaqenil and no Ibuprofen was need-felt awesome. Late 2008, I have noticed itchy skin even in my vaginal area -Derms say dry skin. Dr's permission reduce to 200mgs and so far so good and still no Ibuprofen needed. Derm said take zyrtec durning day benadryl at night -works! My skin appears to be sensative, every now and then I get red patches on my face and ear area and I can tell they are there because I feel warm, but then they fade away -strange. ecbanks60@comcast.net

Related Reading: Ibuprofen | dry skin | zyrtec

Comment from: bambi, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 29

This medicine was prescribed for my RA & Lupus. It has helped with my chronic pain, so much so, that I have been able to cut back on my pain meds. It has not impacted the number of flares though, but still has been extremely beneficial to me! I would highly recommend.

Related Reading: Lupus | chronic pain

Comment from: KerriAnn, 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 31

This was the first medicine I used to control my RA beyond NSAIDs. A few months in I felt incredibly better, I didn't realize how many joints were affected until the pain and stiffness went away. It did bother my stomach a lot and I still can't take it in the morning because of the nausea is causes.

Related Reading: NSAIDs

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.