Plendil User Reviews

Plendil - User Reviews

Plendil User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Plendil sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: cocoalicious, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 30

I've had a considerable decrease in my blood pressure and I haven't had any continuing chest pain since i began the medication.

Related Reading: chest pain

Comment from: cindy, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: May 21

Plendil is now only available as generic (Felodipine) the new version is casuing me the same side effects I got from Procardia. Pain in joints/tendons with redness and swelling at site of pain. I have been on plendil for more than 10 years with the newest vesion causing extreme problems inless than a 6 week timeline of change to Felodipine ER from new manufacturer. Now that it is generic it is very problematic as was Procardia in the generic form. I was test for arthritis and lyme desease....it is the side effects of meds not other health issue. I am young, lsightly over wieght which caused original hypertension problem 20 years ago...should have just went on a diet instead of taking Tenormin which made me gain wieght and caused angina. I have great blood profiles, it is not a cholesteral problem in my case, stress test fine, I am currently taking lisinopril 5 mg and the new Felodipine 5mg, Beware old Plendil user...the generic version is not without bad side effects which I can't live with, not a 51! They tried to tell me when I was younger I was out of shape...that was BS. I feel sorry for nay senior who has taken these generics...because your pain will be past over as getting older, they tried it with me...I didn't stand for it..I hope htis messages helps someone.

Related Reading: Plendil | Procardia | arthritis

Comment from: Judy, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 19

I have had severe upper arm and shoulder pain bilaterally. This is with the generic medication felodipine. I had to stop it, due to the pain. I also had upper right quadrant pain that went around to my kidney area. After stopping the medication for 2 days, my pain is gone. I have a hard time with generic medications, possibly due to the fillers they put in them. Not really sure.

Comment from: genricblues, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 11

I was taking the name brand and it worked fine for me. Would get a slight headache if I was without my medsfor than 3 days. Tried the genric by Ranbx (light orange) from Jewel/Osco. Blood pressure went way up and I did not even know it until I when to the doctor for checkup. Could no find anything about the mfg Rbnx on the web. Switched over to Walgreen brand by Mylan (blue). My arm and leg started hurting after the first dosage. Going back to the name brand and I don't care how much it cost me.

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: IRISHLADY, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 16

iI HAVE BEEN ON THIS MED FOR 7 YEARS, WORKS VERY WELL. BP IS 117 OVER 76 PERFECT

Comment from: 75 or over Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 10

I have used this product, ( felodipine) for many years and had no problems whatever.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 24

very good at all times

Comment from: Lee, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 14

I was prescribed this to supplement my Diovan RX for my BP. NOt only did it not have any effect on lowering my BP, it causes an intense headache within an hour of taking it. For three weeks I stuck it out waiting for the adjustment period, but no luck.

Related Reading: Diovan

Comment from: Jdmart164@gmail.com, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: December 01

I have been taking Plendil 10mg for 10yrs or more and I have no side effects that I know of. It has been a life saver for me.

Comment from: AA, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 07

had been on 5mg zestril for months. BP was temporarily normal then shot to 160/80. Dr added 5mg plendil. Reduced BP to 116/74 but side effect of plendil brought palpitations with racing heart at 140BPM. Had to be rushed to emergency room

Related Reading: zestril | palpitations