Pneumovax User Reviews

Pneumovax - User Reviews

Pneumovax User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Pneumovax sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: irkabenjon@aol.com, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 21

Severe swelling,pain, redness, radiating around upper arm into axilla. Tenderness in axilla. Fever, chills, nausea. Area affected feels hard. Very uncomfortable reaction. This is day two.

Related Reading: Fever

Comment from: PamW, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 22

I am a 65-year-old woman in general good health. My doctor recommended this preventive vaccine during my annual check up yesterday. Within 2 hours I experienced enough pain at the site (upper right arm) to make driving very difficult. Sleepless all night because of excruciating pain. Unable to dress myself or do any activity which requires me to raise my arm. Tylenol and Advil don't touch the pain. When my doctor's office opens this morning I will have a neighbor drive me to get something to make the pain more manageable. Cannot sleep or rest. Cannot drive. Cannot work. I have never had a reaction to a vaccine before.

Related Reading: Tylenol | sleep

Comment from: dd, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 21

Had the injection 2 days ago. Arm very sore first day. Today woke w/ red blotches near the inj. site, and still sore. Hope that's all. Advice: Do NOT get this inj. in your dominant arm!

Comment from: mjohnson, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 24

I am in my mid-50's, have a congenital heart defect. I had my first pneumovax in 2003 and I have not had one bout of pneumonia since! I used to get pneumonia 2-3 times per year. I just received another vaccine yesterday and my arm is extremely painful and swollen - my entire arm all the way down into my hand and fingers. Warm compress has helped a bit.

Related Reading: pneumovax | pneumonia

Comment from: ghbaldwin, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 10

Within 10 hours of administration, I had fever (101), joint and muscle ache, congestion, burning eyes, and soreness to the touch at the injection site.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 14

Got shot 2 days ago. Very painful at injectin site. Have low grade fever, nausea & muscle aches since last night. Hope it doesnt last much longer!

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 12

Had my pneumovax injection yesterday and today my are is red from just below the deltoid muscle to my elbow,swollen, hard,warm to touch and painful(but not bad. PA put me on zithromax and prednisone. I had no problem with the first injection six years ago, but I will not take it again. My first injection was given intramuscularly and this one was given subcutaneously. I don't know it that made the difference or what.

Related Reading: zithromax

Comment from: Sandy, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 21

I am a 71 yr old female in excellent health; had this 'booster' following annual physical yesterday, to prevent possible pneumonia. Within one hour after injection in upper left arm, site of shot became hot, red and swollen. Swelling spread to nearly elbow, and, site became hard. Called MD office immediately on noting symptoms, and they recommended: Tylenol, ice the arm, elevate it. Did all that, helped the pain somewhat. Pain is still pretty severe on this the second day. Called nurse at MD office today; she said 'sometimes people have bad reaction' and MD will call back this afternoon. I want to get this info on the record. I am grateful to read others' experience, it helps to know that mine is not particularly an abnormal reaction, but I surely feel sorry for all of us who have had this kind of pain. Also, grading an immunization by using the stars is not an entirely accurate method of judging this drug. I don't know if it will be effective or not. God knows I hope so, after the discomfort! This has been most unpleasant, and I did NOT have this kind of reaction with the intial shot five years ago; at that time, I just felt a general malaise as it is termed. This arm pain feels as though I have pitched 40 games in a row...

Comment from: 65-74 (Patient) Published: September 02

Three days after I had a pneumovax injection, I began having a very strange symptom every night in bed, before going to sleep. Every minute or so, as I'm lying there, I feel a sudden jolt, much like an electric shock, that feels like it makes an arc through the middle of my brain. It lasts only about a second and strikes every minute or so, until I fall asleep. I've now had this symptom every night for 10 nights. I googled "brain zap" and found many descriptions of this symptom but almost all of them written by people trying to wean themselves off antidepressants. I've never taken antidepressants and don't take any drugs other than an occasional aspirin. I'm a very healthy 68 year old woman. I've never experienced anything like this before and it came on suddenly and with intensity.

Related Reading: shock | antidepressants | aspirin