Pneumovax User Reviews

Pneumovax - User Reviews

Pneumovax User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Pneumovax sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: vc293, Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 30

Received shot on 8/26/09, Severe arm pain on night one. Develop a fever on day two 100-102, day three fever went to 103+, went back to doctor and my heart went into a-fib. Spent the day at the hospital. Now I'm on a lifetime heart drug. Day four fever finally broke. I a 49 year old male in great health and this is the first fever I've had in 15 years. I will never get a prevented shot for anything.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 25

Pain at the injection site was manageable with massage & Ibuprophen. You must massage the injection site 4-5 times in the first 24 hours after injection. This minimizes the amount of medication left in the arm, and helps 100% with the swelling. I've had 3 of these shots in the last 14 years, all with the same effect. I'll continue to use it as long as I can.

Comment from: nms, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 24

I have now had two of these vaccinations. Injection site became quite painful about 6 hours later, interferring with sleep, dressing, and my generally sunny mood. My upper arm is quite swollen and movement is limited, but I have no other side effects. Ibuprofen helps a little, as does a cold compress.

Related Reading: Ibuprofen

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 01

Have a lot of pain from the injection site. I can hardly move my arm. Have cold chills,nausea, muscle aches, etc...

Comment from: sasmom98, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 14

I am a 40 year old female with minor asthma and otherwise healthy. I was vaccinated with pneumovax 23 5 1/2 years ago and then re-vaccinated yesterday. The pain I am feeling today is 10 times worse than the original vaccination pain 5 years ago. I needed help dressing and could not sleep more than an hour at a time the first night. Even piggybacking ibuprofin and acetaminaphin every 4 hours is offering little relief. Now on day two I am running a fever of 101 F and I am extremely exhaused and a touch nauseated. Yuck! This second round is nothing like the first one was.

Related Reading: asthma

Comment from: sandy, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 16

My doctor recommended I have pneumovax at my yearly physical for first time. Entire upper arm sore to touch two days after. Had chills and extreme dry mouth for two days. Probably would not have again.

Related Reading: dry mouth

Comment from: Rbt, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 23

Had vacc 12 hrs ago in L arm, no discomfort for first 8 hrs. Since then, my arm has been increasingly irritated, swelling increased to width of arm, not just injection site. Hot to touch, irritated, itchy, tender to touch, not discolored.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 26

I had extreme pain and swelling in my arm to the point I couldn't move it or use it to lift anything and woke up several times throughout the night in extreme pain that couldn't even be relieved by opiate pain meds. I iced it, I tried hot compresses, nothing helped. I also had a 101 fever from the vaccine. It has been 3 days and I'm still in severe pain but the fever is gone at least. Hopefully this horrible vaccine will at least prevent pneumonia!

Comment from: Cobra, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 23

Extreme Pain swelling in the arm inability to move right arm, injection site, inability to sleep, Feels like someone ripped the bone out of the socket, Fever and Nausea never take the medicine again

Comment from: Bleck, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 18

The day after the injection my arm is still sore, and I begin running a fever, nausea, vomiting and slept for over 24 hours straight. Bruising easily day 3. Still sick with fever/nausea day 4. Sure hope it keeps me from getting pneumonia and makes it worth all this.