Ponstel User Reviews

Ponstel - User Reviews

Ponstel User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Ponstel sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: purple_kismet, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 20

I have had cramps since I was 12. I am now 25, and I wish I have heard about this medication years ago. I know when my cycle starts, so I start taking it on the day my cycle should start. I can head off pain that way. It is at a minimum if at all now. It has a generic now, with my insurance I can get 60 tables for $25.00. Can't be that. THANK YOU PONSTEL !!

Related Reading: PONSTEL

Published: November 12

I would have terrible cramps and would often get sick during the first couple days of my period. I no longer have as big of a problem with this. This medicine worked really well for me.

Comment from: lah, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 12

I didn't realize how much pain I was having during my periods until I took Ponstel to curb the cramps. It worked really well for me.

Comment from: paingone89, 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 04

Since the first time I had my period I Have had sever cramps. By the age of 15 my cramps were so bad before and during my period that it was hard for me to move, use the bathroom or eat. I went to the doctor and was soon diagnosed with endometrioses. For the last couple of years I have been on ponstel and I can't tell you how much it has changed my quality of life. My pain is now bearable and for a woman who has a menstrual cycle that lasts 7-9 days it's great to have my life back.

Comment from: tamiaira, 35-44 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: August 02

Occasionally, the onset of my period brings cramping so bad I'm completely unable to move: hot and cold, drenching in sweat, with waves of nausea and cramping that can go on for hours and hours. Ponstel is the only thing that has worked for me, and I've been using it - occasionally - for almost twenty years. For me, it delivers complete relief quickly (less than an hour), and like other reviewers, I do consider this my 'miracle' drug. I note that some reviewers are using it routinely which I have chosen not to do - first, the risks are quite real when you read the small print and - most importantly for me - I don't ever want to 'get used' to Ponstel as it is my drug of last resort for kill-me-now period pain.

Comment from: E, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 21

Since I started menstruating at 14 I've had to deal with irregular periods -- they got more regular after I turned 30 -- and cramps that ranged from mild discomfort to curled-up-in-a-ball, moaning-in-pain horrible. Ponstel is about the only thing that really works when I feel the cramps starting to come on bad. I use it occasionally when it feels in advance like my period is going to be awful or when the cramps are already starting. Definitely works for me; no bad side effects except mild drowsiness when I take it after the cramps start (and that's a good thing as far as I'm concerned because I doze off and the cramps are gone). I haven't noticed any drowsiness if I take it before the cramps start. Only other symptom I've noticed is a little mild dry-mouth.

Published: October 09

Even after Lupron did not work this worked better than anything else for my everyday pain from my endometrosis.

Related Reading: Lupron

Comment from: Hoover, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 29

I have severe cramps and this did medicine did not work like I expected. And it costed $40 because it was not a preferred mecidine on my insurance. Pamprin works just as good and for $5-6.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 27

Have had painful cramps since I started, have taken all OTC meds possible, had to take so much !!Been taking Ponstell for a couple years starting at 42 yrs old. wish I knew about 30 years ago !! Been the best thing ever, take first day and make sure you take before the pain comes back to keep at bay..I take 3-4 hours between for 2-3 days !!! Love Ponstell !!!!

Comment from: kwblack, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 06

I have had painful periods since I was 11. I am now 32. I have been diagnosed with mild-moderate endometriosis via surgery. Every month I was missing at least 1 day of school/work. I asked my ob/gyn to prescribe something effective w/out making me sleepy. I still needed to function. Ponstel has been a MIRACLE DRUG for me. A true answer to my prayer. Completely takes away the pain and maybe some bloating without any droziness. I have recommended this to several friends . . they all love it too.

Related Reading: endometriosis

Living Better

Find the secrets to longer life.