Ponstel User Reviews

Ponstel - User Reviews

Ponstel User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Ponstel sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 03

I have had horrendous cramps my whole life, as well as ovarian cysts. Think: curled up in a ball at the bottom of the bed, face as white as a ghost, seriously unable to even walk. One time I had to go to the ER, they were so bad and they gave me some Delodin or some other type of heroin or morphine derivative. Once I had my daughter, they got slightly better but now I am often plagued with migraines during that time as well. My doctor has helped me over the years by trying different types of birth control (mostly for the migraines “ hormone regulation) and taking something like Ponstel when you first start feeling pain and continuing it for about 3 days can really help. I used to have to take narcotics to cope and now I just do occasionally. This was important because I was working on getting my pilot's license and you can't take any stuff like that. Anyhow, if you're interested, your doctor can tell you more.

Related Reading: ovarian cysts | birth control

Comment from: jellyroll, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 21

I have had painful periods since i was 11 yes old. The cramps were AWFUL. I Started taking this drug when I was 27 and it is the best drug ever for me. I only had to take it for 3days during my first time on it. It has really made my cramps less painful and the bleeding lighter. Past 3 years have been great.i would recommend anyone to try it that has painful periods.

Comment from: finally, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 12

I went to 5 OB/GYNs before one of them finally came up with this drug, and he did so on my first meeting with him. I have had extremely painful periods most of my life and, as long as I take it at the first hint of a cramp, this stuff is like a miracle. I was taking 4000 mg of ibuprofen a day and still not getting this level of relief. Useless if you wait untill you really start cramping up, but if you take the ponstel early, it's great. I just wish I had known about it before age 39.

Related Reading: ibuprofen

Comment from: mzblue, 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 11

I have severe cramps where i have pain in the front and back, throw up lots of times when my period starts and have dirrhea at the same time so between lying in bed curled up, i'm in the bathroom trying to vomit or get my behind on the seat right after vomitting. I've tried ibuprofen, and those other OTC drugs like pamprim and the other ones but they didn't work. Someone told me about this medicine 2years ago and i wish i'd know earlier. After 7years of serious cramps, i finally became cramp free at the age of 20. I didn't have to miss classes again or exams because i couldn't get to school. It's my third year using this medication on a regular basis. I used to take it when my period starts and it worked well but now i take it a day or 2 before it starts. That's cuz after sometime, i did have little pain, like a 1 on a scale of 0 to 10 and i wanted to be completely pain free. My periods are much lighter although they last a day day longer which is four days now instead of bleeding heavily in the past for 2-3days. I never experienced any side effects. I may experience some discomforts at times with my period but i don't have the pain anymore. FYI, this medication can cause bleeding. I've taken it for 4days this month and i'm bleed when i blow my nose. So i haven't taken it today and i don't have any pain. If you're the type who doesn't weigh much like me, i mean borderline bmi, it might make you dizzy the very first time you take it but aferwards, you shouldn't experience it. If aftersometime, taking it after your period starts doesn't work, try taking it a day before.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 02

Not only did it take away the pain of menstrual cramps, but my periods are shorter by about 1-2 days on average

Related Reading: menstrual cramps

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 04

I have always wondered why I had such PAINFUL periods. I have gone through 3 cycles of IVF and find out that I have endometriosis. I guess that explains the pain with periods!!! The past few months (during and inbetween IVF cycles) I have had the most painful periods I have ever had. This month I actually had to go to the doctor (not wanting to go to ER for cramps) and he put me on Ponstel. Within 20-30 minutes I WAS PAIN FREE!!!!

Comment from: PainNoMore, 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: June 17

I've always had very painful periods, with intense cramping. Before Ponste, many times the cramping was so bad my legs would giveout on me and I'd be stranded on the floor where I stood. After years of this, one of my doctors finally prescribed me Ponstel and it has been life-saver. The medication completely rids me of pains during less intense months, or at least causes the pain to not be anywhere as bad as it used to be. I couldn't ask for anything more.

Living Better

Find the secrets to longer life.