Ponstel User Reviews

Ponstel - User Reviews

Ponstel User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Ponstel sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: boat princess, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 22

I've had painful cycles forever but even worses after a leep and crygenic surgery. Been on Darveset for 2 years and am tired of being druged out and still feel pain. I mean about a 5 after taking my meds plus getting headaches from the Darvest. Finally tried PONTSEL on my last cycle and it seemed to be very effective for pain relief...one of the better NASIDs i've tried since Toradol which they will not continually presribe...too strong

Related Reading: Toradol

Comment from: rbnmon, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 09

Did not help with pain just put me to sleep.

Comment from: Sheila, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 16

My menstrual camps have always been bad and now they are intensifying due to the endometriosis. The cramps have gotten so bad, I'm awakened out of a sound sleep in pain. My OB/GYN prescribed 1 tablet of ponstel 250 mg and 1/2 tablet of Hydrocodone for the severe camps. Now, the pain is goine and I sleep like a baby. Thank you Dr. Henry!

Comment from: TorE33, 13-18 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 12

I started taking this medication because whenever I get my period I get so sick that it is like I have the stomach bug. It caused me to not be able to focus in school and it hurt my social life. Now that I take this medicine, I do not feel sick at all. It has been a life saver and I would recommend it to anyone who has painful periods. I have never had a side effect to it either. I no longer have to fear "that time of the month."

Comment from: Debbi ~, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 13

In the early 70s, heard a female doctor from Long Island on TV (Stanely Segal Show) about Ponstel (yes, I remember her name!). She explained, each month prosta glanda (spg?) produces pain, etc. ~ Ponstel is a MEDICATION (not a narcotic) and when taken at the OnSet (not before) relieves pain and suprisingly works month-to-month! Took Ponstel for at least 20+ years! I got a LIFE, didn't miss work and could function (even planned a European trip)! In the beginning, would need for 2 or 3 days each month, by the end of my 40s, only needed 1 or 2 pills the first day! Never any side effects! Recommended it highly to other sufferers and they sought me out to thank me ~ it helped them too!

Comment from: happy, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 16

I have been taking this medication since I had my 3rd child 3 years ago, after my first cycle after giving birth, the bleeding was so heavy I had to leave work after making a huge mess (while wearing a pad AND tampon nonetheless) and was very embarassed upon arriving to emerg. The Dr there prescribed this medicine and has helped me regain control of my life. As long as I take it 2-3 days before my cycle begins (moods giving me the heads up) the bleeding is bearable and even at times now pain free. Very impressed.

Comment from: katkitswt, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 10

I started having irregular periods when I was about 47, starting the change, bleeding heavily and severe pain. This has helped a lot.

Comment from: kxo001, 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 10

This medicine is AMAZING! I have struggled with cramps since day one. No other meds worked until my gyno suggested Ponstel. I highly reccommend it to anyone and everyone!

Living Better

Find the secrets to longer life.