Prandin User Reviews

Prandin - User Reviews

Prandin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Prandin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Hector D, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: October 17

test blood 2- 3 times a day. it brough my blood sugar down to 69 the first day. I had to eat more.

Comment from: anoiski@aol.com, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 10

I find my readings go well over 200, enen into the 300 range; I guess depending on the type of meal. I get very listless and have arm pain when I attempt to lift them. Also. the neuropothy seems to have if anyting increased as my hands and feet feel a "tingling" sensation associated with PND

Comment from: COOCOO321@AOL.COM, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: March 02

This Prandin makes me sick to my stomach Please comment. I AM ALSO VERY GASSY FROM IT. is this part of PRANDIN'S NEGASTIVE REATION?

Related Reading: Prandin

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 06

I have a lot of Gas and more tingling in my feet, calves and hands, although my sugar readings have been much better..I've only been on this med for 2 weeks..

Comment from: ?, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 20

After having a stroke lost a great deal of weight and endocrinologist prescribed this and I got off insulin. Took Prandin for six months then lost more weight and stopped. Two years later put back on 20lbs and started taking Prandin again it helped me get A1C down to 6.3 from 7.0. Love the ease of taking before meals but sugars tend to fluctuate greatly from low 60's to over 200 depending time of day and amount of activity. I have noticed onset of neuropathy type symptoms and recently strong pains in my arms since restarted Prandin use. Went to cardiologist regarding arm pain though heart is still pretty healthy found it interesting that someone else noted the leg and arm pains... I had a great deal of leg muscle difficulty which I attributed to Crestor but now am wondering if it could be the Prandin? Have been diabetic 18 years and have good eye sight and good kidney health so I will continue Prandin as long as the Dr. says. Easier to travel with than insulin though that worked well while i needed it too.

Related Reading: stroke | Crestor

Comment from: Shehazeleyez3@aol.com, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: March 26

Since taking this drug I have developed a bad cough and sinus problems.

Related Reading: cough

Comment from: IMREA, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 17

I HAVE BEEN TAKING PRANDIN FOR 16 YEARS WITH EXELENT RESULTS. STARTED WITH 1+1/2MG AND INCREASED TO 3+1/2 OVER TIME. ALL OF A SUDDEN I STARTED TO GET LOW BLOOD SUGAR REACTIONS.[GLUCOSE LEVEL ~60] NOW TAKE ONLY 1 PILL OF 1/2MG AT DINNER, EAT ANYTHING AND MY BLOOD ALWAYS READS GOOD. ARE THERE ANY RECORDS OF DIABETES CURING ITSELF LIKE THIS? COULD SOME OTHER MEDICAL CONDITION BE EFFECTING MY BODY'S INSULIN PRODUCTION? IS THIS A MIRICAL?

Related Reading: DIABETES

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 22

I'm very happy on how this med has lowered my sugar readings. I have been on it for about 3 weeks. I feel though I need to stop taking it because my back and hips hurt 24 hours a day. Will call doctor and see what he thinks. Anyone else have this problem?

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 10

I just started taking Prandin today. My blood sugar was over 200 this morning fasting; after breakfast was still above 200. I took my first dose of Prandin of 1mg at lunch and tested my blood sugar at 3pm and it come down to 82!. I haven't seen a reading like that in a very very long time. I felt jittery so i ate a small snack. I am eager to see how this medicine will do in the next few days.

Comment from: on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 27

My doctor has me take different strengths of Prandin depending on my meal size. Used to be on Starlix-it wasn't helping my sugars at all but Prandin seems to be keeping me under control very well.

Related Reading: Starlix