Prandin User Reviews

Prandin - User Reviews

Prandin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Prandin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Daxjen, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 03

I am so glad that my doctor ordered Prandin for my diabetes type 2. I have been using it for the past three months and 100% satisfied with the results. Before , I used to be worried about checking my diabetes. I used metformin with glyburide and lantus injection. The results were unfavorable. Now I am not afraid to check my diabetes since the reading is where I wanted it. Great pill. I am so pleased. Now, Health First told me that they do not cover that pill. and so I discussed it with my doctor. If I have to scrape the last penny to buy it, I will keep on using this pill.

Related Reading: lantus

Comment from: alliej0225, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 16

I was put on prandin several months ago with great success. My sugar was all over and, now, I only have to take it at night before I eat.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 14

medicated worked great no blood sugars above 100 but the side affect are constipation, insomna, server nasuea

Related Reading: constipation

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 29

It has dramatically lowered my blood sugar levels. The first week was pure torture, as it tends to give you the runs. After that it eased up. One bad side effect is the weight gain. I am working on that aspect, but if I cannot start losing weight, bye bye Prandin.

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 02

medicine has allowed me to lower my high glucose ceilings ,which I could not before. Very effective.

Comment from: Donna, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 15

My sugar was very out of control, now that I am taking Prandin my sugar is wonderful. For me this has been a wonderful drug and my dosage is only .5mg. If you are having trouble keeping your sugar down this is absolutely a drug to ask your doctor about!!!

Comment from: miteymse2001, 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 12

I have taken the drug for 7 years I have been on the lowest dose.Before on once a day meds. I had lows at odd times of the day. With Prandin I could have more self controll. Now since I am on diuretics, and unable to exercise, I find my blood sugar going higher than normal. I am going to see my doctor to raise the dosage. I don't want to lose the ability of self control.

Related Reading: diuretics

Comment from: vijaya, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 13

This drug in combination with glimepiride gives me chest pain, back pain and palpitation, which reduces on stoppind the same.

Related Reading: chest pain

Comment from: gogo, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 20

I am in compleet control from the first day of using prandin. This has been the best medication for helping me control diabeties.

Comment from: 75 or over Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: October 27

Causes diahrea

Comment from: mash1022, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 04

This is great to keep your sugar from spiking

Comment from: bgtupelo, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 06

effective for only 3 or so hours.

From WebMD