Pravachol User Reviews

Pravachol - User Reviews

Pravachol User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Pravachol sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 24

Acute pain in lower left leg. Onset of pain random, but gripping.

Comment from: Phil, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 11

My total cholesterol is 200 or less but my doctor is concerned about the LDL which is around 40. I have been against taking any cholesterol medicine in the past. The doctor is concerned about my family history with my mother's side of the family dieing with heart attacks and strokes when they were approximately 70 years old. I have had the same family doctor for 15 years and 7 years ago he started to encourage me to start taking cholesterol medicine and potentially blood pressure medicine which I have resisted until this last May. I started taking the pravastatin in June this year and in July started having blood pressure problems and was put on Lisinopril. I have had headaches and don't seem to generally feel the same. Experienced some depression and since taking pravastatin for 3 months now have been put on Lisinopril which the doctor says has no relationship. I felt fine and my blood pressure was good prior to being placed on pravastatin. I am not sure the preventive maintenance is worth the feeling. I am not overweight, ride bicycle (14-20 miles, walk 3 miles in 45 minutes etc.). I thought I would share this with you. By the way I do think my doctor has my best interest at heart but I do think somehow the cholesterol medicine affected my blood pressure. It may have not been a direct affect but potentially the change in body chemistry may have created a stress which has indirectly caused the blood pressure increase.

Related Reading: depression | stress

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 02

I think this medicine makes my knees hurt at night, more than usual. I stopped and don't have the problem of waking at night with pain. Is this one of the side effects?

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 28

Started swelling about 4 months after first dose , pain in joints, could not sleep tingling in fingers at night, broke out in a rash and hives. Had to stop and start treatment for the hives and itching. I would not recommend this medicine.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 12

I have been on this med for a month. I have severe cramps, muscle pain, stomach ache and constipation. The mscle pain and cramping is awful. I'm off as of today. I will never take another statin!

Related Reading: muscle pain | constipation

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 31

I have been experiencing painful upper thigh muscle pain lately

Comment from: on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 30

This drug did wonders for my cholesteral but I have experienced an increase in hot flashes, vaginal dryness and now severe dry and red eyes. Has anyone else found that this drug seems to suck every ounce of moisture from their bodies? My Dr took me off them to see if the dry eyes improve.

Related Reading: hot flashes | vaginal dryness | dry eyes

Comment from: kimloca, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 28

Not all people have problems with pravachol but a large amount of people do, lipatore, lovastatin, and others that are in the same family did no good for me, i had pain in the back of my legs and couldnt walk very far,

Cholesterol Management

Tips to keep it under control.