Premarin User Reviews

Premarin - User Reviews

Premarin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Premarin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: bernice, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: February 15

this drug keeps me sane. my dr. has tried to take me off of it and I just can't handle the hot flashes, headaches and mood swings, I feel like I want to crawl out of my own skin. the .625 dosage is what works best for. I have taken this drug for 15 years and have had no problems, once you find the dosage that works best for you life can be great again

Related Reading: hot flashes

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: December 29

I had a hysterectomy at 37 but left the ovaries and they quit working 3 years later. Premarin stopped the hot flashes, weakness, sweating, shaking, & exhaustion within 2 days. Have taken it for 20 years with no problems. Because of health scares, tried to lower dose to .625 but got severe symptoms again & returned to .9 Health scare bugs my doctor, she says she gets conflicting reports constantly & just lets me choose whether I want to stay on it. I look really young still, dont know if the years of estrogen have anything to do with it.

Related Reading: Premarin

Comment from: Sharon S., 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 24

I Totally Agree with Julie P. After a total hysterectomy and removal of ovaries I declined HRT due to media coverage. However, 9 months later I felt very tired, my skin had gone very dry, I was emotional to a fault and my Sex Life with hubby was almost NIL...so I asked my Doctor..who BTW had suggested I take premarin asap...to call in a Premarin Prescription and WOW...NIGHT and DAY!!! It took just a Couple of Months to Start eliminating ALL my Horrible Symtoms...LOVE it!!

Comment from: donna, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 10

I had a full hysterectomy May 2007, my dr put me on .625 and it has helped immensely with hot flashes, mood swings, night sweats and insomnia. BUT i have put on 20 lbs and am very upset about it. I eat right and exercise regularly, nothing is working. Does anyone know if I lower the dose and try to work through any symptoms that recur, will I lose any of the weight?

Related Reading: night sweats | insomnia

Comment from: runningguys, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: February 10

After Surgery to remove Ovaries, I began taking Premarin the following day. After a short period, we found the right strength for me, 0.9, and I have been taking this since 1986. I have no side effects. I am 73 years old now and feel much younger.I walk 4 miles every day and lift weights & dance with Husband every night.It works for me! I do not smoke or drink excessively, and try to eat healthy. I keep a good weight around 124.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 10

Complete hysterectomy July of 2007. Night sweats, hot flashes occurring off and on all day, unable to get a good night's sleep. Easily tired form poor sleep pattern. Started with 0.45 and it has helped a bit with hot flashes and sweats, but still have interrupted sleep and numerous hot flashes still during daytime. Consulting treating physician and will report further treatment!

Comment from: ms10isbum, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: June 16

I have been on Premarin .625 for 30+ years after a partial hysterectomy at age 31. I have had no side effects, BP on meds at 120/68, weight 122, exercise, tennis, work full time, feel great. New, young, female Dr. wants to take me off because of "possible" side effects. I am very upset. Thoughts? Imput? Help! My life is great right now and I feel "If it's not broke, don't fix it." Would like some feedback. Thanks

Comment from: evdeb, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 26

I have been on Premarin for about a year. After my hysterectomy, I had awful hot flashes all day and night. As a result, I was awakened about 12 to 14 times a night and was unable to sleep. I was completely exhausted. This drug has allowed my life to get back to normal. It has eliminated all hot flashes and I sleep all night again. I am currently taking .625 and, because of all the controversy with HRT, on my next doctor visit, I think I will try the lower dose.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 01

I have been on Premarin for 10 years, since my hysterectomy including the removal of my ovaries. I can tell immediately if I have forgotten to take my daily dose because I get hot flashes and feel extremely tired.