Premarin User Reviews

Premarin - User Reviews

Premarin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Premarin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: shedevil544, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: March 24

I had a full hystrectomy 1/2007 and mr Dr put me on Premarin 1.25mg tabs after I complained about severe night sweats that were keeping me up ll night. Now I am to the point to where I think I do not need this medicine any longer and I do not see that Dr anymore. What Iwouldlike to know is,,, what are the side effects if you go off the Premarin cold turkey??? This medicine has mad me gain weight even thought I watch what I eat and exercise,, VERY DEPRESSING !!!!!

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 27

It worked like a magic pill.The symptoms stopped almost immediately.It was like giving a drink of water to a dry plant, and i felt like the dry plant.

Comment from: Rosa, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 05

I'ved been on premarin for one month after full husterectomy, has helped most of the time with night sweats and hot flashes but have gained weight and severe diarrhea and flu like syptoms. Does anyone have that problem?

Related Reading: diarrhea | flu

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: July 22

This medication was a godsend for me. I was having so many hot flashes & nightsweats,severe anxity&depression, I felt like my life was not worth living! The premarin took away ALL symptoms, Im great. I was VERY concerned w/ sideeffects ect but had NO trouble at all! Thank God!!!

Related Reading: depression

Comment from: momoffour, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 18

Had a hysterectomy at age 36 after a hemmorage from a c-section. Started have night sweats, hot flashes and severe mood swings. Started taking .625mg and immediately all symptoms disappeared. Dr. said that the hysterectomy should not have caused premature menopause, but had no trouble before. I have been able to loose weight also.

Related Reading: premature menopause

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 08

I've been taking Premarin .625 since my full hysterectomy in May 2005. Recently I started to experience shortness of breath and an irregular heartbeat. I am worried that it has to do with taking premarin. I just refilled my monthly prescription, but, am seriously thinking of not taking it anymore. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop night sweats in a different, less risky manner? Thanks!

Comment from: Cindy, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 26

I tried Enjuvia and had a lot of nausea and overall malaise. Premarin was like a miracle cure for my mood swings

Related Reading: Enjuvia

Comment from: donbryan, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: April 11

It does help my hot flashes immensley, but I have been on it for more than ten years and still get hot flashes when trying to wean off of it. My concern is increased risk of breast CA or osteoporosis

Related Reading: breast | osteoporosis

Comment from: Csue, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 16

I started taking Premarin 1.25mg following a complete hysterectomy 30 years ago. It immediately eliminated the depression I felt following the surgery. Prior to the last 6 months I did not have any problems with it. Now, however, I am experiencing a skin problem involving individual tiny bumps which itch severely. They appear on my arms, hands and trunk areas. They itch when they first appear, subside and then begin itching again. My doctors can not determine what they are or what is causing them. I do have sensitive skin, but I am suspecting that I may have developed a reaction to Premarin since it is the only drug I take. Has anyone else experienced a similar reaction?

Related Reading: itching