Prempro, Premphase User Reviews

Prempro, Premphase - User Reviews

Prempro, Premphase User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Prempro, Premphase sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: maryl, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 21

After trying to regulate post menopausal sleep challenges with lots of exercise, I was experiencing increasing sleeplessness, stress and a recurrence of hot flashes after a year or so without them. Lowest dose Prempro has helped tremendously. I've been on it two weeks - we'll see if it continues.

Related Reading: sleep | stress | hot flashes

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 25

Almost 4 years post menapausal. After 1 year tried lowest dose of Prempro did not help at all so I felt it was not worth the risk. Stopped use and tried to deal with the hot flashes, using every OTC, exercise, soymilk, every trick in the book. Everything helps a little bit for a little time then on to a new remedy. The sleep disruption and flashes have become unbearable. Went to a new OBGYN, put on Prempro again at the next level dose, daytime has improved, but night time not much improvement, but what an increase in weight and still climbing at least 25 pounds, stomach bloat and the breast swelling & tenderness (yes C to D approaching DD). At only 50% improvement, and unhealthy weight I seem unable to lose -- thinking of going cold turkey again! Is there any hope, or is this what the rest of my life will be

Related Reading: Prempro | breast

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 23

Severity of hot flashes were increasing and disrupting sleep and daytime activity. After only a few days hot flashes ceased and sleep improved, However after not having periods for 18 months I began continous spotting and very sore boobs. Time will tell if I remain on Prempro or decide to go solo.

Comment from: Kate, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: September 14

I began taking PRempro when I was 49 y.o.and felt great. It stopped my hotflashes and night sweats. FINALLY, I was able to sleep again. Due to all the negative reports, at 55 I talked my Dr. into taking me off of HRT. I did not sleep for the next year and in general, felt bad physically. I started Prempro again at age 56 and have been on it for the past year. I feel great, again. No hotflashes, nightsweats interrupt my sleep at night. I gained 7 lbs., but increased my workouts and have since lost the weight..plus some! I feel so much better with the Prempro that I am willing to accept any perceived health liablities.

Related Reading: night sweats

Comment from: rkrobbins, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 04

I developed horrible face acne the 2nd month along with insomnia along with weight gain,my hair falling out and irradick blood sugars. I completed the 2nd month and did not re-order. I still have a couple of pounds to loose and the insomnia but will get that fixed. Hot flashes have stopped and vaginal dryness will use OTC products. Loss of libido still working on. HTT not worth it to me or maybe this was wrong one for me I don't know.

Related Reading: acne | insomnia | vaginal dryness

Comment from: Sandie, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: March 06

I was on prempro for more then a few years when the big scare came out. My Doctor thought it would be better for my health to go off of this medication I tried oh how I tried...Over the counter stuff, Sarafem and I still had hot flashes and horrible night sweats. I asked my md to please let me go back on the prempro and he did, he but me on the lowest dose and I've been hot flash and night sweat free ever since. There is such a thing as quailty of life.

Related Reading: Sarafem

Comment from: Denise, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 04

I have been on Prempro .3/1.5 for one year. It has alleviated most of my extreme insomnia and hot flashes, but at a cost. I have gained some weight, but mostly my breasts are very swollen and very tender, and my abdomen is also swollen so that I look slightly pregnant. These symptoms have increased over the one year time, and the swelling is very noticeable. I talked with my doctor just yesterday and he scoffed at my symptoms and hinted that I was not getting enough exercise. However, I also feel much better with my arthritis symptoms receding, I am not so achy, and general well being is better. Of course, getting sleep for the first time in 5 years would also help one to feel better. In summary, it has greatly helped me, but at a cost and I have to weigh the benefits vs. the side effects. Not getting enough sleep is so detrimental to overall health.

Related Reading: arthritis