Prempro, Premphase User Reviews

Prempro, Premphase - User Reviews

Prempro, Premphase User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Prempro, Premphase sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: mmk, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 29

Have taken lowest dose Prempro for about 4 months for perimenopausal hot flashes and night sweats. Felt truly wonderful at first, actually sleeping for the first time in months, but have since gone backwards. No hot flashes, but back to bad sleep, swollen painful breasts (I sleep on my belly, so this is horrible), bloat, weight gain, irritability, zero libido, and never-ending heavy periods (>3 weeks of bleeding with one week between) - all very debilitating. Will see Dr about what to do as this is utterly miserable.

Comment from: nn228, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 23

It has helped the hot flashes, but I am bloated and retaining fluid. My hands and feet are swollen

Comment from: Jane, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 12

3 weeks in and I could not be happier. I feel fantastic! I have more energy than I have had in months, I have clarity, I am not longer weepy and distressed, I am sleeping better and most importantly, I have my MIND back. I have not started getting my period back - that will probably happen after 30 days. But I just wanted to write an update!

Comment from: christi, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: December 29

started prempro age 46 now 54 workes well for me. would like to ween off now. how have you stopped taking it? is there a speficic procedure?

Comment from: Lynne, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 29

I was having hot flashes. Prempro worked great. 2 months after starting it I started spotting. Had almost 45 days of bleeding, not ever knowing if I was done. Have gained 10 pounds since going on this. Heaviest I've been in my life! Still spotting, never knowing when it's going to happen. Don't know if I'll continue drug. It has been 6 months.

Comment from: MSALICE, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 23

I'M 43 YEARS OLD AND HAVE BEEN IN POST MENOPAUSE FOR 3YRS, I STARTED PREMPRO 6MONTHS AGO AND ALL MY SYMPTOMS WERE CURED, BUT THE WEIGHT GAIN IS UNBEARABLE, I WENT FROM 140 TO 185 AND WHATEVER I DO I CAN'T LOOSE WEIGHT, I WENT FROM A SIZE 7 TO A SIZE 14-16 I AM SO DEPRESSED THAT I JUST STOPPED THE PREMPRO HOPING TO DROP THE POUNDS. I WOULD RATHER HAVE HOT FLASHES THEN TO BE OVERWEIGHT AND OUT OF BREATH. AND WHO WANTS TO BUY ALL NEW CLOTHES, IT'S ALSO EMBARRASSING WHEN THE PEOPLE YOU KNOW LOOK AT YOU AND COMMENT ON YOUR WEIGHT GAIN, THERE HAS TO BE SOME ELSE ANOTHER WAY TO DEAL WITH MENOPAUSE

Related Reading: MENOPAUSE

Comment from: eja36, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 20

I have gained weight with this drug. I just lost 20 lbs and am hoping that it all doesn't come back. I have been without my period for a year. That came back too. The hot flashes have gone away, and I sleep better. But don't know if I will continue if the weight keeps coming.

Comment from: cutworks, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 13

I don't like the weight gain, or lack of being able to lose weight, very frustrating any suggestions?I'm om the .45 dosage, and since I have started I have gained 6 pounds, and this is not good, foe one of my jobs is working for weight watchers, I was 8lbs away from my goal and now I'm 14lbs away, so I could use some suggestions, or tell me what the drug contains that makes you gain weight!I like my job and want to keep it, please any info would be helpful

Comment from: Jude, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: February 12

I am 65 yrs. old. Have been taking Prempro for approx. 12- 15 yrs. and hope to continue forever. I look and feel great. No side effects that I'm aware of. My Dr. encourages me to stop taking, but I keep telling her, "why fix something that isn't broken". I started out on the highest dose and 3 or 4 yrs ago switched to the lowest dosage. I have no history of breast cancer in my family, it's kept my bones strong and skin looking good, no weight gain (I'm 5'6, 140 lbs.) I'm a believer, that our bodies need estrogen at this age. I have researched alot and have found many articles as to the advantages of HRT. That old study was done incorrectly. I'll take my chances. At the time the study was done 1 out of 100 women got cancer. Small %. However, it may be right for me (good genes) and not for someone else. I have yearly checkups, important to do. Good luck ladies. and God's blessings be about you. (:

Related Reading: cancer

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 24

After about a month of Prempro I began to feel "sane" again. The improvement of my quality of life certainly outweighed any possible long term complications. Prempro gave me my life back!