Prempro, Premphase User Reviews

Prempro, Premphase - User Reviews

Prempro, Premphase User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Prempro, Premphase sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: calfamly4, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: June 16

I started at the lowest level possible 10 months ago and saw little results. I then went up to the next dosage. I did see some better results with hot flashes and night sweats BUT the weight gain and inability to lose weight has been awful. I have been feeling depressed and assumed it was due to my weight gain but after reading other reviews here maybe it's the prempro itself?? In any case I have been weaning off of it for 2 months now and going the natural route with supplements.

Comment from: swells, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 07

Switched to Prempro from other HRT and have used Prempro about 1 year. Now having spotting - have gone to OB/GYN and testing. Until reading on this website didn't realize I was not only one fighting the weight gain and inability to lose! Have beaten myself up about weight, walked, exercised, ate lots less and still only minimal loss... now I see that it's not just my habits, it could be the Prempro. May be looking to change even though it has helped menopausal symptoms like flashes... I hate the bloated, sore boobs symptoms, not to mention the extra weight - about 10 extra pounds.

Comment from: sassy, 45-54 (Patient) Published: January 16

has any one complained about weight gain

Comment from: daiseydash, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 18

I'm 45 and have been in menopause for about 5 years already. I thought I was going crazy because people said I was to young for this! But the blood work showed different. My biggest problem was hot flahes and vaginal inflammation and dryness. I wasted so much time suffering with these symptons. I have been on Prempro for 4 months and it has changed everything. I do not have any side effects as of yet, I was worried about weight gain but except for your normal over the winter blues pounds I have not put any extra on. Its really been a blessing for me! ;)

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 03

Have been totally satisfied with Prempro. Have gone from highest to lowest dose over time. Am currently it taking every other day. I have not experienced any of the side effects described in other comments. The breast cancer scare concerns me. Will continue to reduce dose.

Comment from: sbhj, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 07

I began taking prempro 2 years ago and stopped after a few months because I became very worried about all the possible side effects (which I wasn't experiencing). The hot flashes and anxiety came back with a vengence so after 3 months off, I went back on and all symptoms are gone. I wish I could take a safer drug but had no luck with the natural remedies recommended by doctors. I hope I don't have to take Prempro long because it worries me still but gee, what a relief to be able to function again.

Related Reading: anxiety

Comment from: tropicool, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 22

i actually lost weight since i started prempro probably because i could finally get a good night's sleep. i feel great all day and don't wake at night with hot flashes. my weight was never too much of a problem though. i did have to lower the dose due to an ovarian cyst, which has resolved on the lower dose.

Comment from: kitt, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 28

No more hot flashes, but I am a stuffed sausage with sore breasts. And getting heavier. It's not worth the weight gain, and not being able to pick up my grandson because of my sore boobs.