Prevacid User Reviews

Prevacid - User Reviews

Prevacid User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Prevacid sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 17

I was in fear of drowning in my sleep. Almost every night, burning sludge would push up into my mouth and wake me. During the day, it was like fire in my chest, and it didn't matter how little or how bland I ate. After years of suffering with over-the-counter items that didn't work, I finally mentioned it to my doctor. 100% fixed, absolutely no more problems, no matter what I eat. Concerning the cost, when I lost my job and had to reduce expenses, I found that I could go 3 days per capsule before the burning chest returned. Thank you Prevacid.

Related Reading: drowning | sleep | Prevacid

Comment from: Vic F, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 27

Been using to control my Acid Reflux which caused Barrett's disease. It's done the job really well. Nexium didn't work!

Related Reading: Nexium

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 27

Very easy to use and was a miracle to me. Works extremely well when taken every day for heartburn and acid reflux or GERD. I like the disintegrating tablet more since it doesn't have to be swallowed and you can take it on the go, but they work equally well. This is a great medicine.

Related Reading: heartburn

Comment from: June4, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 01

You have to be a bit patient as you may incur some initial side affects. The first couple of days I experienced some nausea and felt a bit spacey but it was worth the two day mild discomfort.

Comment from: theresamatt@verizon.net, 65-74 (Patient) Published: September 07

I have been taking Prevacid for 14 years without any problem,now I am having muscle aches in my thighs when I walk. Can anyone respomd to that? That is the only medication I am on that can cause it.

Comment from: researcher, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 01

Have been taking for 8 years. Worked fine until now. Now I am experiencing side effects such as stomach ache and nausea. Told 2 different doctors and they said to take more previcid. Increased my dosage to 60mg (2 capsules) per day and started to itch terribly. Stopped taking it and the itching went away and it seems like my stomach aches and nausea are getting better day by day. I think doctor's don't know enough about many many drugs. They just prescribe them cause some drug sales rep comes in their office and probabloy gives them some kind of kickback to put people on drugs. Doctors don't care about side effects in my case. If you really want to know about drugs and their side effects, talk to your pharmacist. They went to school only to learn about drugs. Like I said, doctor's don't know enough about drugs.

Related Reading: itching

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 23

I took Prilosec/Prevacid for 7 years and found that when you try to wean off you'll experience acid rebound and it's 100x worse than regular reflux. It made me extremely sick. I also found out that I have osteoporosis after years of taking these pills and have since read articles linking these drugs to bone loss. If you have reflux, you may want to have a HIDA scan to check your gallbladder. About a year ago, I had my gallbladder removed and the reflux is almost gone & can be controlled with just Zantac.

Related Reading: Prilosec | osteoporosis | Zantac

Comment from: CJ, on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 11

I just began using Prevacid and so far it is relieving my sore throat from acid reflux. As information, I found you can save $25 on your prescription by going to the Prevacid website and signing up for a free card to take to the pharmacy - make help a little.

Related Reading: sore throat