Prevacid User Reviews

Prevacid - User Reviews

Prevacid User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Prevacid sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Prevacid, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 07

I have been taking this medication for at least 10 years. Tried others, but they didn't work as well. I absolutely never have heartburn anymore or acid reflux. It is a good medicine and if you are suffering with acid reflux or GERD I would recommend asking your doctor about using Prevacid!

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: December 04

These drugs have a serious permanent side effect if given antibiotics. I suddenly lost my hearing loss 8 years ago after receiving Zithromax 5 times in 2 years, while I was on Prevacid. Doctors should be informed of this bad combination and drug companies need to know how this affects all other medications as well. I have been on Prevacid for about 10 years, and now have to be careful never to take antibiotics or pain medications so I won't lose the rest of my hearing.

Related Reading: hearing loss | Zithromax

Comment from: shinyohs, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 05

Years after I had to have my gallbladder removed, I would get indigestion.It got worse and worse, where I was past taking 10 or more Tums a day, to where I had to find a product that lasted longer. I don't eat spicy foods, but what I did eat would find its way up my throat at night, and almost kill me in my sleep. Sore throats, coughing. I would try to sleep sitting up!!When I finally got health ins. I told my dr about it and she put me on Prevacid and lo and behold...As long as I take it everyday in the morning about 30 minutes before breakfast, I do well. I've been told by my ins co that they also don't think I should be on it this long and I should try something else (things I've tried earlier).I get mine free after I satisfy my ins deductible.

Related Reading: indigestion

Comment from: BIGREDREYES, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 04

WHILE THIS MEDICATION GIVES ME RELIEF FROM ACID FOR MOST OF THE DAY, I AM EXPERIENCING MODERATE NAUSEA NOW.

Comment from: Teach234, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 09

Total life saver! I have been on them all, and this is by far best tolerated and works the best. My doctor signed me up for this companys prevacid savings card so now I get it for free. I have my life back and at no cost. wonder drug.

Comment from: crafts95, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 14

I tried everything to get rid of heartburn. The prevacid takes away the the burn for 24 hours. Only downfall...$153.00 for 60 capsules.

Comment from: NanaTheresa, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 25

Taking Prevacid has given me such freedom from having to almost constantly taking antacids. I am able to tolerate all types of foods which means I can enjoy going out to eat anywhere! I take one pill first thing in the morning and am able to eat either right away or sometime later. I am able to take it with either my morning coffee or water. When the Rx had to be refilled and my insurance company gave me and my doctor a hard time, I had to either carry the antacids with me and take them all day or decide not to eat. Once I was able to resume my regiment of a daily dose, I am now able to not be concerned with wether or not I have the antacids with me or not. This medication, to me, is a God-send! Until I lose a minimum of 25 lbs., I will need to take this medication. The likelihood of me losing ANY weight is a constant battle so I more than likely will be taking this the rest of my life. It is a safe drug and my bloodwork shows NO ill effects whatsoever. I have been taking this for over a year. I highly recommend this to anyone who has GERD.

Related Reading: antacids

Comment from: bluethunder, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 09

love it love it love it!!! It is the only drug that helps 100% and keeps me free from acid reflux yuck!!!

Comment from: grannycat, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 08

Love it. My doctor told me to take it first thing in the morning then wait 30 minutes before putting anything else in my stomach. Works much better that way.

Comment from: turtlemom, 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 05

I've been using Prevacid for over 5 years. I've tried many other products in this category. Nothing worlds as well as Prevacid.

GI Disorders