Prevacid User Reviews

Prevacid - User Reviews

Prevacid User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Prevacid sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: pamelac, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 28

I have been taking Previcid Solutab for 4 years now and it has helped immensely, until recently. I am now experiencing swollen ankles and sharp pain in my lower back, thighs and back of knees. I stopped taking Previcid over the weekend so I could take Aleve for the pain. I noticed that after stopping Previcid, my ankle swelling went down, and the pains in my legs subsided. I took Previcid this morning, and the swelling and pain is back. It is interesting that I now have side effects after 4 years of use. Am going to the Dr's to find out if it is indeed, the Previcid that is causing all of this. From what I have read, it is highly possible. What a bummer! as Previcid has been 100% effective in treating my acid reflux.

Comment from: (Patient) Published: April 19

I have been taking Prevacid for 10 years. It works best when I don't overdo on the fried foods and just plain eat too much. Lately, my insurance sent me a letter saying that I should not be on this type of medication this long. So with the help of some digestive enzymes I am trying them. I am in misery, heartburn so bad I am drinking 7up, soda and taking tums. I'm going to my doctor to find out if there are any dangers and try and go back to Prevacid. Heartburn is bad enough, I just don't want the acid reflux.

Related Reading: Heartburn

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 01

This medicine is a life saver! I have taken all of the ppi meds and experienced different side effects from all but prevacid. The only downfall which now I guess is a blessing is that I gained weight again from being able to add foods back into my diet that I had not ate for 2 years because of acid reflux. I know alot of people on this medicine and they all have had great results with it also.

Comment from: Bertis, 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 23

Prevacid Solu-Tab is great when you need fast acting relief. I've been in terrible pain from H.Pylori an d had relief in 15-30 minutes. Very little side effects if any at all.

Comment from: Dusty, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 16

I have been having nasty side effects from all the acid reflux meds I have tried thus far. Prevacid gives me a constant headache and makes my head feel like lead, I feel drugged, it is difficult to think or partake in daily activities. Forget about my passion of cycling or doing much of anything....I just want to sleep. Typing this was difficult because of how spaced I feel.

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 04

This medicine has done wonders for me, without it I couldn't eat even the blandest of foods. I have noticed that if I miss a day I won't get heartburn till the following day.

Comment from: Dmp71, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 30

This med has been great. Works really well.Theres been times when I've had to be without it because of my insurance and I had terrible stomach pains. I take 325mg of asprin and other heart meds that do a number on my stomach. This pill makes the pain non-existant.

GI Disorders