Prevpac User Reviews

Prevpac - User Reviews

Prevpac User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Prevpac sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Danielle , 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 30

I was diagnosed as having the H Pylori infection after having a month of dull and sharp pains in my left side and sour stomach for weeks when my stomach was empty. My doctor gave me Prevpac to which I was very weary of taking because of the reviews I read. I took my meds at the EXACT time every day. I took them with a pretty high dose of probiotics which helped SO MUCH with any possible side effects. I took my AM with breakfast and my PM right before bed. The only effects I had were the first two days were really tiring and I had a headache. I took these first two days on a weekend and took some pain meds. After that the two weeks werent bad. I had small bouts of diaphrea on and off but nothing to cry about. The only constant thing was the metallic taste in my mouth that kind of messed with my tast but mint gum helped a lot with that as well as taking it before bed so that it really didnt bother me. Needless to say... my pain went away slowly and nearly disappeared after stoping the meds. I took my 2 weeks post antibiotic test and came back cleared of H Pylori so my experience wasnt all that bad. I hope this helps.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 13

I wanted to write a review to tell people that this was a very difficult drug to take... That being said I really believe this drug saved my life!! I will not candy coat how hard the first couple of days were on this.. Vomiting, nausea, terrible taste in mouth... But by day 8 I was feeling better!! I have read a lot of negative things about this 14 day treatment and I had a few bad days but it really worked stick with it!! Marianne

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 05

I have been on the prevpac for 9 days now and it seems to be working. The only problem I'm having is the awful taste in my mouth that WILL NOT GO AWAY. It was ok the first few days but it continue to get worse everyday. If anyone has any advice on what to do about this I would apreciate the help. Overall I am satisfied with this med.

Comment from: Nlg134, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 10

2nd diagnosis for H Pylori, primary physician prescribed Prevpac then sent me to see my Gastroenterologist who said blood tests are not an accurate way to diagnose H Pylori, either a specific breath test or a biopsy done via an upper GE can accurately diagnose, he said to finish the prevpac and then I'm having a CT scan , also he said after you finish 1st dose of Prevpac you have to wait several weeks to do the breath test or biopsy otherwise you will get a false negative if you do it too soon. I'm still waiting for my CT Scan appt .

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 09

I tested positive for H. Pylori and the PrevPac has been great for me. No more stomach pain and no side effects!

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 02

I took this medications but I substituted Nexium for Prevacid and I found it worked so much better without side effects of mouth-ache (bitter metallic taste etc) Nexium has always worked so much better for me than prevacid. Nexium with the two antibiotics probably works just as well to kill the bug.

Related Reading: Nexium | Prevacid

Comment from: silkydd, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 12

I was shocked by the amount of meds this pac has but it's been like a miracle drug for me. I have had heartburn syptoms for over a year, but my previous doctor just gave me prescription Zantac and sent me home. Finally, my new doctor told me to try this and I have had zero heartburn ever since. I do experience dry mouth and a strange taste in my mouth more than any of the other side effects, but it's definitely worth the benefits. Just make sure to read all of the warnings before you take this medicine, there are a lot of meds and other random things that can not be combined with these ingredients.

Related Reading: Zantac | heartburn | dry mouth

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 13

I guess I would be what you call the patient of all side effects because I have experience just about all of the side effects listed. I had the stomach cramps, itchy skin, headaches, back pain, rash, hives, tight-swore throat and a little dizziness. I'm not sure why I had experience all these side effects but I am thinking maybe it's because of my size considering the recommended dosage. I am only 5ft 1” and weight 110 Ibs, so maybe that's a big factor. Overall, I must say that I started feeling some relief of interjection and a little better as far as my stomach go. However, I decided to stop taking the medication after I broke out into a rash and hives. I have contacted my doctor and I am awaiting his recommendation before I continue. At present I do feel like I need something for the itching and hives…I'm thinking Benadryl, but I won't take anything until I hear back from my doctor. In all, this medication seems to help my initial problem but created other problems stemming from the side effects.

Related Reading: rash | hives | itching