Prialt User Reviews

Prialt - User Reviews

Prialt User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Prialt sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Old Blue, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 02

With having RSD for 12 years (diagnosed for 10)I about every procedure and medication available from guided imagery to a SCS implant to Fentanyl, Dilaudid and others. This has been the most effective by far for easing the pain. Still took Morphine for breakthrough pain. Had to stop due to severe mental impairment. No history of any mental illness and now I'd get lost in a store, not recognize my husband, and became paranoid. Pain came back in a fury after I stopped the medication. Is was not worth the ease in pain. I lost a year of my life and have no idea where it went.

Related Reading: Dilaudid | mental illness

Comment from: lenasanson1@peoplepc.com, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 06

i did not realize how much this new drug helped me until i had to come off of it for a short period of time i would reccomend this drug to anyone who has a lot of pain and has a pain pump mine is for my low back pain.

Comment from: akspecial, 45-54 Published: August 18

My husband was on Prialt and what a nightmare he is living in-literally!I don't know who he is anymore-nor does he.He has been off it for a year but suffers from memory loss,hallucinations-while on it,swelling of joints,tremors,paranoia,pain,bad mood swings and other medical problems due to this drug.No one believes what he says about these problems and it hurts me to see him suffer (awake or asleep)Has problems sleeping.He was a active man and now doesn't like to leave the house.I hope to hear from ppl who can relate to him so he doesn't feel alone.Are you out there??

Related Reading: Prialt | tremors

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 16

i developed a BAD reaction to this med,even though it worked great for my pain.now i have all kinds of allergies and having trouble finding a med that is as effective without side effects

Comment from: nancyed2003, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 18

Prialt almost cost me my life. It didn't help with my pain at all. I heard music 24/7. It was so loud in my head that it drowned out any conversations. I was very confused and was severely depressed. I wanted to die. I was hospitalized for a week on suicide watch plus an additional 1.5 years of therapy. I lost about 4-5 months of my life. I can't remember much from that time period, only snippets here and there. I would not recommend this medication to ANYONE!!! The side effects are too bad. I currently have dilaudid and baclofen in my pump and they are helping a lot. I still have pain daily, but the meds in my pump keep me from being bed-ridden. For those of you that are currently using Prialt- please watch for the side effects. They are very real and they sneak up on and make you feel like you are losing your mind. For those considering it, please do careful research before you take it. Take it from me, I am glad to be alive today.

Related Reading: suicide | baclofen

Comment from: informyourself1st, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 30

I was using Prialt for chronic back pain, secondary to Multiple Sclerosis, this was the most HORRIFIC experience of my life. I had almost every side effect listed on the Full prescribing Information sheet. I was hearing music playing, seeing things that weren't there,the most severe sinus infection I ever had,confusion, having conversations and not able to rember them, the Radial Pain down both arms, difficulty speaking,severe neurological symptoms,vision problems anxiety and depression. These are the things leading up to the Psychiatric problem that caused me to be rushed to the ER 4x within a month. I didn't realize until after I had the pump removed, that this medication had COMPLETE control of my brain and way of thinking.The biggest problem is that I had symptoms several weeks before I had to be rushed to the ER screaming uncontrollably, but I did not know they were warnings that I was in trouble with Prialt, because I had NEVER been given the Full Prescribing Information. If my Dr had given me this just ONCE, I would have known to let him know something was going wrong. I tried to report these symptoms anyway, but I was ignored. If anyone out there is thinking about using PRIALT, please read the Full Prescribing Information before you get this PRIALT.

Comment from: tom, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 23

Multiple issues with "break through" pain that is treated with Oxycodine and Dilaudid.

Chronic Pain/Back Pain