Prialt User Reviews

Prialt - User Reviews

Prialt User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Prialt sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 29

I have Complex Regional Pain Disease and this medication changed my life both good & horrific. I was able to walk again after 5 yrs. in a wheelchair that's the good news. I have had terrible side effects I've lost weeks at a time that I can't remember as well as very severe hallucinations that caused me to attempt suiside & was still haveing them once hostpitalized for it, a smell that I could taste when every time I took a breath similar to just waking up from surgury that smell you can taste. It has changed my personality to the point my children even told me when I asked them if they thought it had changed me. I'm glad I can walk now, but I would rather be in the wheelchair & happy than walking & being crazy. I know this medication isn't right for me & I have asked the meds in my pump be changed. It may be a mirical drug but the personal cost is so very much more.

Comment from: lenasanson1@peoplepc.com, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: August 29

i have been on all the drugs injections been on all of the pain pills oxys all of the strong meds i have had a pain pump fer ten years now and was in constant pain until the doctor put me on prialt anddiluad i guess i spelled that right but since i have been on these meds things have turned around for the good i also take kadian by mouth three times a day for breakthru pain but i thank god every day that i have my life back thank you for listening.

Related Reading: kadian

Comment from: linda, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 01

this drug did not work for me in my pain pump. my personnality changed, I lost short term memory, and was immediately taken off this medication by my doctor. oh as far as pain control I couldn't tell if it was working. I couldn't tell where i was , if it was day or night or what i did the week i stayed by myself when my husband was out of town.

Comment from: liam, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 29

I wish there was zero stars! I'm worried this medication might have ruined my memory for life, as well as my weight. I was given this for chronic nerve pain & it actually worked ok for the 6 months I was on it. The doc told me the only side effects people might have is a little memory loss. I developed major memory loss, a major psychotic breakdown & loss 45lbs in 3 months. I have been off of it for a yr now and my memory is still very bad (I'm only 33) I also can't gain a pound back & have been eating 3600 calorie's a day for several months now & haven't gained a pound. I'm only 5 lbs over my recommended weight. I'm hoping this is not permanent and hate that synthetic venom! CALL the FDA for side effects. Get this stuff off the market.

Comment from: 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 12

I have a pump with prialt at a very low dose,the side effects out way the help. I can relate to the woman and her husband, about no one believeing them. They try and tell me it is everything but the prialt,that I have depression, Well I do now! I think?

Comment from: itcac, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 02

This for me has been a "Life changing" positive experience. I have been on the drug well over six years with NO side effects wahatsoever. I was totally drugged up before and asleep for long periods on traditional medications. This has changed my life for the better as I am now able to do Volunteer work and promoting self management.I had my occipital nerves sectioned as wall as steroid induced osteoporosis, so tottaly endorse this drug for neuropathic pain.

Related Reading: osteoporosis | neuropathic pain

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 27

Ask for THE FUL PRESCRIBING INFORMATION SHEET BEFORE USING THIS MEDICATION.

Comment from: RottieLover, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 24

My pain was due to cancer which is now in remission. My first pain clinic pushed me too hard to increase Prialt and side effects were bad! I heard music and it felt like my teeth were melting! I kept reducing my Prialt until it was mixed w/a narcotic and that combination made my pain level from a constant 9(with 10 being unbearable) to a livable 5-7! This is the lowest my pain level has been in 9yrs! I do require 9hrs sleep each night to reduce my confusion and lethargy. I am finally pleased with my Prialt and my Life. After 8 years of trying different combinations and Prialt Levels and 1pump reposition and 1 pump replacement I am finally able to Live. I can meet my husband for lunch most days and able to keep most of my appointments. I am able to increase my Prialt level when/if my pain level increases. Yes, it took several years to get the level just right and the side effects lower, but it was totally worth it to finally have a more normal & happy life!

Related Reading: cancer