Prilosec User Reviews

Prilosec - User Reviews

Prilosec User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Prilosec sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Henry, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 13

Am 70 year old male with GERDS. Have used 20mg Prilosec (daily) for 3 years. Relief has been good, but not complete. Occasionally, it is necessary to double the dosage. In last two years I've had four episodes of severe chest pain which have been very much like heart attacks. EKG's showed no heart disease. Events were diagnosed as GI-based due to GERDS. Last event has resulted in lingering mild nausea, low grade fever, lethergy. Could Prilosec relief over the past 3 years be masking possible gall bladder issues?

Related Reading: chest pain | heart disease | fever

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 25

About 3 years ago a Ear Nose and Throat doctor prescribed me this with a cost of $100.00 since I took the RX kind. Unfortunately I could only take it for a week because of the side effects, which were much worse than the actual acid reflex. Side effects included: horrible headaches, dizziness, a feeling of being out of it and constipation so bad it plugged me up for a week. Next I'll be trying Prevacid, I hope to experience better results.

Related Reading: constipation

Comment from: adg, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 01

This has been a miracle drug for me, and yes I too gained weight. I gained in about 4-6 weeks 10 lbs. only because I could eat like a normal person again. No side effects. Have taken for 9 years. I take 1 pill everyother day 30 to 60 mins. before my breakfast, and it works GREAT.

Comment from: Sati, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 23

I started taking prilosec 1 year ago, and immediately gained weight. The worde thing going on is my ligaments have become calcified, which means the calcium from my bones is growing outside of the bones structure, I am 37 years old and have to have surgery to scrape the calcium off of the tendons, I may have to have my rotor cuffs broken if it is too bad. I am a teacher, and drive 60 miles a day to and from work, in short I need my arms to live. The pain in my arms was so terrifying that I went to the emergency room screaming in pain..recently I have found out about the calcium blocking, and calcium absorbing problems created by taking prilosec...I wissh someone had told me about this before I started taking this drug. probiotics and magnesium are one of the ways I have gotten some relief..My weight gain is hard to handle, since I have taken the drug...but I am starting to lose again now that I have stopped taking this as well.

Published: June 14

I have had severe heartburn and peptic ulcers for 25plus years. An ER doctor put me on Nexium which worked wonders but was switched to Prilosec by family doc for insurance reasons. Has worked VERY well for me. Haven't had one episode of heartburn or stomach pain since I took the first pill. Have had a few episodes of severe chest pain though - don't know if it's from this medicine or not but I never had it before.

Related Reading: heartburn | Nexium | heartburn

Comment from: other, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 17

been using for five years, working great, but after reading all these reviews no wonder I was always drained of energy.

Comment from: Mojimjeff, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 17

I was suffering with stomach acid into the esophagus about 3 times a week. An endoscope found 3 small benign ulcers. I started Prilosec on 11/20 and have not had one episode since. The only downside that I have is noe I suffer from bad breath. The only change in my regimen is the Prilosec. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed a change like that. JJ

Comment from: All, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 09

I had shortness of breath/chest pains and pulmonary doctor prescribed this medication. As soon as I took it the first time, I stopped gasping for air, and I felt I can breath again. I had taken Prevacid and Nexium, but they do not work like Prilosec.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 19

Feb. 2008 I was diagnosed with GERD. Doc put me on 20 mg 2 times a day. My hair was falling out in handfuls. I cut back to one a day to keep my hair. With a special diet, I was able to keep things under control. Decided it is time for something different so now I am doing ENZYME THEROPY which has been a blessing.

GI Disorders