Prilosec User Reviews

Prilosec - User Reviews

Prilosec User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Prilosec sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Lindi, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 13

I have developed osteoporosis and have hair loss. No one told me of these side affects when it was prescribed. When I tried to quit taking Prilosec my heartburn was many times worse than when I started. The 'phlem ball'in my throat also returned. My energy came back! I had not equated my tiredness to the drug...

Comment from: Kenneth, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 24

Are there any studies that show long term use of Prilosec OTC can be harmful? I used it twice as recommended and it worked great, but I still suffered from heartburn/acid indigestion, more so when I lay down at night, though I do experience it during the day on occasion. I can't afford health insurance, so I decided to continue to use Prilosec OTC on a regular basis for my comfort. I've been taking it for about 9 months or more, every other day, and I cut the pill in half. I have no side affects and feel great. The last time (over 8 months ago) I spoke to a doctor about the use of it, (cardiologist) he said that I can continue to use it if it's helping me. I'm turning 49 years old, 5'11.5”, 204 lbs., and take Vytorin (half a pill every other day) and Amlodipine-Benaz (1 pill every other day). My blood work was good about 4 months ago.

Related Reading: indigestion | Vytorin