Prinivil User Reviews

Prinivil - User Reviews

Prinivil User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Prinivil sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: t278q, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 30

controls blood pressure, but........does it cause hair loss?

Related Reading: hair loss

Comment from: bob, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 03

I am a health care professional. I have been on Lisinorpil for about 3 weeks. I have a dry cough, sore throat,Chills, dizziness, stomach pain, Fever, Muscle cramps, heavy sweating and Sexual dysfunction. And it has done nothing for my blood pressure. I wouldnt touch this stuff with a ten foot pole again!

Related Reading: cough | sore throat | dizziness

Comment from: judithwa, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 22

I'm amazed how health care "experimentalists" experiment combining various chemicals in my body without the slightest bit of warning... I feel drowsy, lethargic and disorientated. Been taking it for 4 days.... God give us doctors who care more about the patient then the $$$$!

Comment from: qualitytow@netzero.com4idw18, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 08

Was on lisinopril for several years.Developed a hacking cough that was almost uncontrolable. Had a retinal detachment that was NOT caused by trauma/diabetes ect. Read up on possible causes of retinal detachment and severe caughing was one cause listed When I complained about my hacking caugh my doctor seemed to know Lisinopril was the cause. He changed my meds to eliminate Lisinopril and I do not cough nearly as much. I blame Lisinopril for my de-tachment. My operation to re-attach my retina is another issue...my doctor NEVER told me to stop taking Plavix before my eye operation and of courst my operation failed! I am blind in my right eye THANX LISINOPRIL AND PLAVIX

Related Reading: retinal detachment | diabetes | Plavix

Comment from: s kenney, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 11

I am now on my second bottle of lisinopril, which entails about 3 months. I noticed a few weeks ago that I started with an alergy, or I thought it was an alergy. I started coughing, a tickle, then sneezed, then watery eyes.I felt nauseated and had very thick clear saliva that felt like I was choking. I had no idea it was from the pills, but decided to look it up anyway and was shocked to find out that other people had experienced the same symptoms. Since it was July, i really thought it was an allergy. I also have swelling of my ankle, although that is why my dr. put me on it because I was presenting with high B/P and swelling of the ankle. I will stop taking it and ask my dr. for something else. I am also having joint pain and will mention this also to the dr.

Related Reading: allergy

Comment from: td, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 05

I have found the 'prinivil' by name has been great for controlling the BP,but, the 'generic' gave me many stomach problems, can't explain that, wish the generic(s) worked as they are much less expensive. Have been taking Prinivil for 15 yrs. plus/minus. very effective, no negative w/that brand.

Related Reading: prinivil

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 16

My blood pressure did not come down and I suffered from nausea all day every day that I took it.

Comment from: punkin, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 26

Side effects were terrible. Drug was discontinued due to incapacitating abdominal pain and tenderness, insomnia, fatigue & muscle aches. BP came down nicely, but what good is this if you're miserable?

Related Reading: abdominal pain | insomnia | fatigue