Prinivil User Reviews

Prinivil - User Reviews

Prinivil User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Prinivil sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: GLORIA, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: August 20

I'V HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH THIS MEDICATION, I'V BEEN TAKING PRINIVIL ORAL FOR QUITE SOME TIME. THUMPS UP....

Comment from: sureshot, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 10

I took 20mg for 8 days and when I got up from a sofa and started to walk I passed out and hit my head on a stair picket and cut my forehead severely. Was rushed to the hospital where i received 8 stitches and had to spend night in hospital for observation. Was x-rayed, cat-scanned, etc. After being examined by three MDs was told that the problem was the dosage of Lisinopril (20mg)as it had lowered my blood pressure to low to fast. When I passed out the second time my blood pressure was 6o over 40. Now I have a permanent scar on my forehead and a $6,000 hospital bill. I have been in perfect health for 65 years (I jog, do yoga and tai chi)...but when I turned 65 I went to get my "free" welcome to medicare checkup where the Dr. found that I had "border line" high blood pressure and he prescribed the 20mg of Lisinopril. If I had fell in a different direction, I wouldn't be writing this review, I would be in a cemetery. When I visited the MD who prescribed the medication he showed almost no conern (he has three offices and sees one patient every 15 minutes); hence, how can he keep track of each patient. Yes we have a health care crisis but, at times, the Drug Companies and MDs can make matters worse. I stopped taking the medication. The bottom line is that the medication can lower blood pressure...but an unintended consequence may kill you. You are better off trying to lower your blood pressure by changing your lifestyle as opposed to taking this medication. The MD never warned me that I may get dizzy and pass out...I guess I am lucky that I am still alive as it could have been worse. Whatever happened to the motto "first do no harm"

Related Reading: high blood pressure

Comment from: v0806, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 21

About three years ago i was on three high blood pressure medications (lisinopril, atenolol and hydrocholorthiaziade). After starting a rigorous exercise program and adding more fruit and vegetables to my diet, my blood pressure dropped so low that the doctor stopped all blood pressure medicine. I am now only taking 20 mgs of lisinopril a day which also keeps my kidneys clear of protien, and i feel great!!

Related Reading: atenolol

Comment from: lisinopril, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 09

Over a period of 6 months I slowly developed severe joint pain, cramping and muscle pain to the extent that I could not walk more than 1/4 mile. All symptoms dissappeared 3 days after stoppage.

Related Reading: muscle pain

Comment from: quincy, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 22

i have taken this medication for the last 3 months. my pressure goes up & down like a yoyo. I shall request a change of medication at my next doctor's visit. It is easy to use totally unsatisfactory

Comment from: lgrande, 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 18

This drug had very few side effects and overall worked well in the treatment of hypertension

Comment from: MImiMarty, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: April 04

I was taking the minimum dose of lisinopril and developed a dry, hacking cough will chills and muscle aches. My doctor told me to go home and gargle salt water! I changed doctors and the first thing he said after asking why I was there and what I was taking, "It's the Lisinopril. Let me give you something else!" My husband is a diabetic and has really bad high blood pressure. He's been on Lisinopril for nearly 3 years. Last Sat. I woke up to find him feeling his face and looking at his tongue which was swollen to nearly 5 times the normal size. He couldn't swallow and could barely talk. I took him to the ER immediately - the triage nurse asked if he took lisinopril - we said yes and she said, "We see this a lot! About 50% of the people who come in with this problem (angioedema) are on the lisinopril. He also has trouble with swelling in his feet and hands; has balance problems and has fallen several times. I want to watch him to see if being off the lisinopril helps with these other problems!! They should take it off the market!!

Comment from: MrE, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 07

Worked pretty good for over a year, absolutely zero symptoms. Recently though can't tolerate. Developed very severe fatigue and brain fog - as if my battery (power source) was pulled and I just wound down. Stopped drug and symptoms stopped. Restarted and they reappeared after 3 weeks. Wish I could keep taking it as it's very low-cost but the side-effects I'm encountering have rendered it intolerable for me now.