Prinivil User Reviews

Prinivil - User Reviews

Prinivil User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Prinivil sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: jannypoo, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 13

I am also taking a beta-blocker and the combination is causing me to overheat and profusely perspire for no reason. It has helped bring down my BP, but the aches & pains, coughing and lethargy make me wonder if it's worthwhile to keep taking it.

Comment from: Cupcake50, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 03

I have developed the cough, especially at night time. Have developed allergy symptoms (watery eyes, stuffiness, itchy throat) that i never had before. Very tired and like another reviewer said, my sciatica also has been acting up worse than ever. Cannot wait to get something else.

Related Reading: sciatica

Comment from: Smitty, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 17

After a month on this prescription, I developed coughing when laying in bed. Doctor switched me over to COZAAR and after using it, the coughing not only stopped, but my BP dropped considerably to 106/70 (and maintained that BP).

Related Reading: COZAAR

Comment from: lloyddjl1219, 65-74 (Patient) Published: April 19

Had ankle swelling and a very bad cough after taking for a couple of weeks. Took for 6 weeks and cough kept getting worse.

Comment from: Emy, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 01

This medication lowered my blood presure efectively, fatigue was a big concern until I became use to it. Now I am having stomach and colon problems and think it may be due to this drug, any comments would be appreciated.

Comment from: roadrunner, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 27

taking linsopril the generic with hcl diretic, it seems to lower my BP, and does keep it low, sometimes to low, i am on 20mg lin & 10 hcl. i do get get hands & feet but no cough, maybe a tickle at times, it sometimes makes me tired & recently noticed have sexual problems, sometimes i have no erection, its killing me and i wonder if any other men have been experience this & just afraid to say it. i already lost another potiental mate because of it & trying to find out whats going on.

Related Reading: sexual problems

Comment from: protex, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 23

I work in a high stress professional field. I was put on 30 mg of lisinopril, and within 2 months had gained over 20 pounds with my regular 3 mile a day walk and work out. I felt as though I was working thru a thick fog and lost a lot of ability to concentrate. I dropped off the foul stuff, and feel like I am re-involved with life again. A good cigar with an after dinner drink is better to control things with than not being able to work or function properly. Horrible stuff.

Related Reading: stress

Comment from: Emily, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 27

nagging, choking, cough

Comment from: Better alternative, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 19

I was on a generic version for 2 years of misery. Tried other drugs (beta blocker) but had terrible side effects. Went to a combo of generic lisinopril + hydrochlorothiazide + generic form of norvasc. The lsinopril was the most effective component but side effects built up over time (severe anxiety, palpitations and muscle cramps). Dr. said I could be reacting to the filler in the generic version or to the drug molecule itself. The molecule in the generic is slightly different from that in the name brand. Since it was so effective at lowering BP she suggested we try the name brand version. It's like night and day. 95% of the bad side effects went away within 1 week with equally effective BP control. The only disadvantage is the extra cost ($38 per mo vs. $6).

Related Reading: norvasc | anxiety | palpitations